Luggage Tags - Room Assignments

LakerMom

I am leaving in two weeks on the Holiday and I am just getting everything ready.I'm printing out our luggage tags as I write this. I noticed that the tag wants our name but not our assigned room number. Is that correct?

We always put our full name!

We booked two rooms with our group and we have to switch out two people to opposite rooms . . . meaning they are exchanging rooms with each other. All the last names are the same. I was hoping we could just put a last name on the tag and put the persons being switched with the correct booking number so their luggage goes to the right room.I'm afraid if I put a different first name than what is on the booking number it might cause confusion. What do you think?

I can't really help you there but I would put the right names on the luggage....worst comes to worst after luggage gets to rooms switch it yourselves then...lots of people walking down halls with luggage...carryons ect.

I'm thinking that is probably a really good idea. My PVP says that switching rooms is ok and that I just need to do it. But I think I will at least start out right with putting the correct people in the room they were assigned and then switching the luggage.Thanks for all you answers!

I'm thinking that is probably a really good idea. My PVP says that switching rooms is ok and that I just need to do it. But I think I will at least start out right with putting the correct people in the room they were assigned and then switching the luggage.Thanks for all you answers!

Your welcome have a great time:)

Once you get to the port let the Porter know your TBA if he doesn't notice he should take you in to check on your cabin assignment and get new tags put on your luggage. :) This helps get your luggage to the correct deck so you get it a bit faster. You shouldn't have to fill out the tags as you already have tag on with your name. ( at least that's how it's been done at other ports like Galveston for us) :D We have a very uncommon last name and I've done last name only before with no problems. Of course all our luggage already has ID tags on them as we use them to fly also. ;) If you haven't received your luggage but around dinner time let your cabin stewart know and call the Pursers desk or go to the Pursers desk. Tags do fall off or for what ever reason they are delivered to the wrong cabin, most end up at a location close to the desk and you can pick them up. Have a great cruise!

Archived