Sofitel

Lidolounger

Found this on Easyclick for $170- Check in March 7th one night prior to cruise. Anyone out there who can tell me about this hotel? We're driving and will have our car to get around - will be parking at the POM (my mother-in-law is handicapped and we can park there for no charge).

Nice hotel, a bit older now, however it has been kept in good shape. It is right between 57th and 72nd. Avenue and Blue Lagoon Blvd. You can see the airport from the hotel. Not located in a tourist area, more of an industrial area in Miami. Since you will be driving, you will not have a problem, as there is nothing within walking distance of the hotel, however several malls as well as many restaurants are within a short driving distance.

Thanks for the info - for the price it seems a fairly good deal - considering many are already booked for the dates we need.

Honestly, it sounds a bit expensive. I keep reading that people book the Hyatt Regency, The Hilton, and the Intercontinental (all of them in downtown, a few minutes from the Port) for a whole lot less. You may want to check their postings, as I do not know when you will be traveling and do not know the going rates for the different hotels.

Archived