NCL vs. RCCL

DAGVBSB

OK, here we go......;) :)

On 5 Celebrity cruises for us and 2 for my sister, we never felt anyone was looking down their noses or that most were arrogant.

Did we encounter some obnoxious ones or what we thought were jerks and maybe even a few arrogant ones? Of course we did, but no more or no less than any other line.

This was one of the points I was trying to make earlier. You can't categorize a whole line, or the people on it as being this, that or the other thing. It's just as unfair as when people call NCL the cheap line, or say most of the people on Carnival are partying tanked fools.

I had a disclaimer stating that I was aware that not everyone on X was a snob or words to that effect. I KNOW not all of them are. I was just stating an opinion based on the X board. There are a few people over there who not only admit to sailing NCL but proudly say that they enjoyed it :eek: . It's just that superior tone that sometimes happens, that bugs me.

A small minority of people who've never sailed NCL will bash NCL, or come over here and do the same thing. Since I've never sailed any of the other lines, I will read the board and not respond, for the most part. I've responded, three times, on Princess on an outrageous accusation-a lady claimed her husband was turned away from an NCL dining room for not dressing up on Formal Night . He had on dockers and a polo shirt and wasn't allowed in the dining room. :confused: Another poster, who's posted here, swears that the dining room was full of people in ratty t-shirts and torn jeans. I told here I never saw such things. :)

Since all the lines are trying Anythime dining, the NCL bashing is in full force. Now the Carnival is trying it, those who feel that NCL is inferior, are bashing NCL there, as well. :(

Since all the lines are trying Anythime dining, the NCL bashing is in full force. Now the Carnival is trying it, those who feel that NCL is inferior, are bashing NCL there, as well. :(

I noticed a lot of this going on as well. Don't you just love it. :cool: Carnival gets bashed left and right by those who say its a party line filled with drunks who spend their waking hours drinking, brawling and puking. Of course, its not true (at least not in my experience) and of course Carnival die hards defend against the stereotype. And then what do they turn around and do, mindlessly bash NCL in the very same way. Human nature is a beautiful thing. :rolleyes:

Archived