Maui resorts

papillons4u

Hello,

My friends daughter is getting married and wants to honeymoon in Maui. Has anyone stayed in any of the resorts there? She is looking at the Aston Ka'anapoli with a partial Ocean View?? Please help. Of course we want her Honeymoon to be flawless!!

Thanks!!

Joyce

Hi,

This couple is young, (25) and I would say on a budget of around $3000. (including flight!) They thought they would save some money but getting a condo like place with a kitchenett. They want a beautiful beach with lots to do like a luau and whale watching excursions. Spleen, have you ever been in the Aston Resort?

Thanks so much,

Joyce

Oooh, a budget of $3000 for the 2 of them including flights is going to narrow down the field considerably - one thing Maui is not is cheap.

I have not been in this Aston (the Aston Kaanapali Shores to make sure we're talking about the same hotel) personally - this one's a little bit out from the main Kaanapali drag. But Astons are known to be a decent budget hotel chain in Hawaii - I'm sure that the room and grounds will be fine. The beaches in this area tend to be a little rocky but otherwise fine. They will need to have a car or be determined walkers in order to get to Lahaina from there.

This is what TripAdvisor reviewers said about the Aston Kaanapali Shores - you might find it useful. Luaus and whale watching tours can be arranged at any hotel on Maui (or if not, going to an activity desk somewhere or pre-arranging on the Internet)

Spleen

Reasonable accomodations, nice beach, good restaurants? Under $3000. :eek: You might want to check out the Napili Shores resort. It's a condo complex, right next to Napili Bay with a great beach right next door. It's up the coast from Ka'anapali, and just below Kapalua. We stayed there for a week in 1999 and liked it alot. As I recall it's part of the Outrigger chain. Check out this website http://www.gohawaii.com/maui/detail.aspx?memid=85122210 for more information. You can probably get it for less than the quoted price through a good TA. Have fun.. ;)

If your daughter also lives in Maine then airfare will be quite pricy unless someone can use FF miles. Before your daughter decides she should check in with a TA that does business with the big tour operators like Hawaii World or Pleasant Holidays. With enough lead time they can offer bulk rate air, good hotel fares and car rental that's practically free. Also, if you're travelling during non-peak times many deluxe resorts offer special rates - even The Four Seasons. Don't count them out yet! Also, if she's planning to stay at least a week then consider breaking up her stay between a less expensive condo and maybe the final 2 or 3 nights going all out at The Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. Save the best for last.

I also prefer the Wailea area but would avoid The Grand Wailea - they've really gone downhill.

We used http://www.mauicondos.com and booked our 10 day stay at Grand Champions while many of the wedding guests were paying $225 a night for a gardenview room at the Renaissance in Summmer 2001. Most of the condos are not on the beach but a 5 or 10 minute drive away. Given the price, it was well worth it.

We stayed at Napili Shores in 1998 but definitely preferred the Wailea area over the Napili/Kapalua area. Kihei was cheaper but not as fancy or well-landscaped. Definitely check out the "Maui Revealed" book. We've been using those books since 2000.

Archived