What to do in Cozumel an a shoe string budget?

FMCowboy

My wife, 6 yr old daughter & I will be in Cozumel in September on w/ Carnival. We already have some shore excursions for other ports, and don't have anything reall planned for Cozumel except for walking around the shopping market that I imagine they have when you get off the ship.

Are there any excursions or fun things to do or see, that are relatively inexpensive? Either for the family or just my Wife & I'd like to do more than just walk around the shopping area, but don't want to spend much more than "just walking around" :rolleyes:

Any suggestions woul be great. Just want to experience a bit of Cozumel, w/o hitting the wallet.

thanks

FM

My wife, 6 yr old daughter & I will be in Cozumel in September on w/ Carnival. We already have some shore excursions for other ports, and don't have anything reall planned for Cozumel except for walking around the shopping market that I imagine they have when you get off the ship.

Are there any excursions or fun things to do or see, that are relatively inexpensive? Either for the family or just my Wife & I'd like to do more than just walk around the shopping area, but don't want to spend much more than "just walking around" :rolleyes:

Any suggestions woul be great. Just want to experience a bit of Cozumel, w/o hitting the wallet.

thanks

FM

I hope you get some replies because I'm looking for the same!

thanks

FM

Hello fellow cruiser!

Paradise Beach is free. They only expect you to buy some food and/or drinks while you're there. TONS of water toys and stuff for kids with a $10 dollar wristband, great family friendly beach and lots of amenities.

I would expore the port area first - it's huge, then go to paradise beach.

Hello fellow cruiser!

Paradise Beach is free. They only expect you to buy some food and/or drinks while you're there. TONS of water toys and stuff for kids with a $10 dollar wristband, great family friendly beach and lots of amenities.

I would expore the port area first - it's huge, then go to paradise beach.

Ditto!

Taxi fare 2 ways, food and kiddie wrist band is about as cheap as you can go. Oh, you could loaf on one of the small beaches close to the ship but there are no amenities. PB Tom will take good care of you.

There is so much to do in Cozumel- do your research, check out trip advisor forum for Cozumel. Take a taxi to one of the beaches, can't remember how much entrance is to Chankunaub Park is, but you can pay to enter- use the huge pool,great for kids, take the nature walk, visit the beach, rent snorkeling equipment. Mr. Sanchos is not terribly expensive, but we did take the jungle horse back ride through the jungle/beach and loved it. Good luck and have fun!

There is so much to do in Cozumel- do your research, check out trip advisor forum for Cozumel. Take a taxi to one of the beaches, can't remember how much entrance is to Chankunaub Park is, but you can pay to enter- use the huge pool,great for kids, take the nature walk, visit the beach, rent snorkeling equipment. Mr. Sanchos is not terribly expensive, but we did take the jungle horse back ride through the jungle/beach and loved it. Good luck and have fun!

It is $16 per adult, $8 for kids. There is a $2 discount coupon on the Chankanaab Park Official website.

Paradise beach was a hit for us last october. Boys 14 & 15 loved the iceberg and trampoline. $10 for the wristband. Food was ok. Beer was cheaper than Cokes. The servers were very friendly and kept the drinks coming. We are planning on returning again in Nov.

Archived