Mr.Barbados..suggestions AGAIN

fraidycats

Hi Mr. Barbados! Our family spent a great day at Crane beach last Easter Bthanks to your recommendation, and absolutley LOVED it. The beach was gorgeous, we had a blast body surfing, and the view we had during lunch was breathtaking :) > We are cruising again easter week 2005 and know you have a great knowledge of the islands. Any suggestions for beaches or stops in St.Kitts, Domenica or maybe even Isla Margarita or Caracas?

So glad that you enjoyed Crane! It becomes a standard by which one judges the others by, yes?

Now, let’s get on to these other islands.

St. Kitts…..

Whatever you decide to do, please do not miss Brimstone Fortress. It is a must-see. Close is Romney Manor, the home of Caribelle batik. It’s worth the stop if only to see the view and the grounds.

The best beaches on the island are on the Lower Peninsula. Banana bay and Cockleshell Bay are wonderful as is Friar’s Bay, considered by the locals to be the islands finest. If you go to Friar’s, you can bargain with the fishermen to take you snorkeling off the eastern point. White House Bay is another good snorkeling spot on the Western side of the Southern peninsula.

Dominica…..

One needs to get out of Roseau (or Portsmouth, where ever you ship docks) to appreciate this island. The island is stunning and I encourage you to take a taxi tour. Don’t miss Emerald Pool, Boiling Lake, Sulfur Springs, Valley of desolation and the Hot Springs in TiTrou Gorge. You can swim in the warm water and if you’re a good swimmer, you can swim up the gorge to a cave about 5 minutes away that has a wonderful waterfall. Plus Sari Sari Falls (long hike but magnificent) and the twin Trafalgar Falls and Middleham Falls. All of this is in the Morne Trois Pitons National Park.

Want to try some very interesting snorkeling? Go to Champagne. Volcanic vents puff steam into the sea and its like swimming in champagne. Two other good spots are Scotts Head and Soufriere Bay.

IDM…..

Many people really seem to enjoy this island, others don’t. We’ve only been there a half dozen times over the years on business, so I am unable to offer any suggestions. I can tell you that gasoline costs US$.50/gal and that IDM has the highest consumption of alcohol is all of South America. There are not really and drunken driving laws, per se, so almost everyone driving is also drinking, even the busses! So watch it when crossing the streets!

Caracas……

Same thing here, only a few times on business. Sorry.

I ‘d make the most out of St. Kitts and Dominica and don’t hold out for the last two, just go and see for yourself.

Again, my best wishes for a wonderful adventure! :)

Thanks for your suggestions, how about a few questions first on St.Kitts. Here are our 3 ideas..1) Rent a jeep and drive to Brimstone then hit the beach. Do any of those beaches your recommend have a place to rent chairs etc? Are any of them mearly as pretty as Crane beach? 2) Have you been to the St.Kitts Marriott? I was wondering how the beach is there 3) Cruise ship sponsored Nevis sailway to Pinney beach... Keep in mind we will be travelling with teenage boys :)

Archived