What's up with Norwegian ship - Miami

Ang in Miami

I've noticed a Norwegian ship sitting in port for more than a week now (Miami). Does anyone know what's up with her? They never sit this long, not even when they are sick and being fumigated. She's not making any money sitting there and she's costing the company a fortune in port fees every day. My curiosity got the best of me, and I just had to ask to see if any of you know what's up.

Angela, if it's the Norwegian Sky, they just brought her in from renovations following Hawaii service under the name Pride of Aloha and she is to begin 3/4-night Bahamas cruises. Perhaps everything went quicker than expected but at the same time they had to bring in an entire new foreign crew and train them since the prior crew on Pride of Aloha was American.

BobK/Orlando

I was at the port of Miami on July 7th. when we came back from our latest cruise and did not see any Norwegian ships there. As a matter of fact, only the Carnival Imagination and the RCCL Majesty of the Seas were there that Monday.

The Norwegian Sky (former Pride of Aloha) is scheduled to start service from its new homeport of Miami to the Bahamas today. It underwent wet dock in the Bahamas for about six weeks, since arriving from Hawaii and was recently re-flagged prior to arriving in Miami. This might be the ship you saw at the port, getting ready for its new itinerary.

Archived