Carnival Tour - Sea Spi

NewCruiser10

We did the Sea Spi in Roaton and loved it. The guide was fun and entertaining. He took us to a half sunken ship where we saw tons of fish and coral. After we did the Sea Spi we were able to swim and hang out and see the different fish and turtles they had. It was a great time.

I Googled Sea Spi and from what i could see from the pictures, this is just a jet ski that you lie down on? Does it go under the water? The pictures from the bottom of the site can be decptive showing pictures from under the water?

Hubby and youngest son (16 at the time, but he has Autism...so we have to be careful with him) did this in Roatan in May.

The pros...hubby said it was a lot of fun for our son. They have double units (where you lay side by side) so hubby was able to control it for both of them.

Easy to handle. They leave from the beach...so no jumping off a boat to get on then.

My son just loved the part of getting to go on the water without getting wet.

The con ... hubby said they really did not see alot. Now this could have just been Mother Nature not cooperating.

It is expensive. Carnival took care of all the transportation to and from the ship....which is basically a minimum of $20 each no matter where you go in Roatan.

They had a good time, hubby just wished they would have seen more....but again...the tour operator can't control the fish!!

PS: If your cruise also goes to Grand Cayman...they also have it there. You might see more there???

We also took the sea spi tour in Roatan. Didn't see a lot of fish. I

thought it was very uncomfortable to bend and reach the controls (cause

I'm short!!!) Glad I tried it but wouldn't do it again and didn't think it

was worth the $$$.

Thanks to all who replied. It sounds as if we would see more fish and sea creatures if we went snorkeling at one of the beaches. By the way, which beach does Carnival take you to, to do the Sea Spi?

I am strictly running on memory but I believe it was Coral (something) ...

Archived