Can we walk to space needle?

Junebug1

HI,

We'll be staying one night pre-cruise @ the Residence Inn Downtown /Lake Union. I did a mapquest for directions from there to the Space needle. The distance is less than 1 mile, are Valley St. & Broad St. hi-ways or are there sidewalks so we can walk?

Thanks for you help.

June

HI,

We'll be staying one night pre-cruise @ the Residence Inn Downtown /Lake Union. I did a mapquest for directions from there to the Space needle. The distance is less than 1 mile, are Valley St. & Broad St. hi-ways or are there sidewalks so we can walk?

Thanks for you help.

June

It's about 1.5 miles, since it's not a straight line from here to get over there (I live in SLU), 2/3 of which is uphill going and downhill back. It's a high traffic/fast moving street, particularly during rush hours, but there are sidewalks on both sides. You're actually going to want to walk south on Fairview (the street the RI is on) to Valley, then turn west, and walk along Valley until it turns into Broad St and just follow it right to the Space Needle. This is only a moderate hill (compared to most of our hills, so should--hopefully--not leave you TOO winded from the walk).

• 2 weeks later...

How close is the hotel to Pier 30? I think this the correct pier for Holland America. We are trying to decide if we need a car. We have two kids which means car seats. I am not sure if we can do sightseeing using the hotel shuttle to get us places....Any advice?

How close is the hotel to Pier 30? I think this the correct pier for Holland America. We are trying to decide if we need a car. We have two kids which means car seats. I am not sure if we can do sightseeing using the hotel shuttle to get us places....Any advice?

From the Residence Inn/South Lake Union?? It's about 7-8 miles from here. The hotel shuttle is usually limited to a three mile radius, but they will take you to certain venues. Both the trolley and the city bus stop right across the street (though it is outside the free ride zone and you will have to pay).

Archived