Too funny about door magnets

lsp

It's kind of disgusting how a lot of people on that board are laughing or making fun of the "greenies" or "tree huggers." I'm 23 years old and very concerned about the environment for my future children and grandchildren... the state that the world will be in soon is no laughing matter. Although hounding someone on a cruise critic board about leaving a balcony door open is ridiculous, I wish people did take the overall idea about energy conservation more seriously... It very much saddened me to read some of those posts.

OMG I was laughing so hard reading that thread that tears were streaming down my face.

As someone who went to an environmental school, I understand the meaning of conservation.. but there's a difference between conservation and being a fanatic kook.:rolleyes:

The exact same kind of thread has run here on the Carnival board a number of times. So before we condemn, remember the difference between Carnival cruisers and RCL cruisers.......................Nothing.

Dan

The exact same kind of thread has run here on the Carnival board a number of times. So before we condemn, remember the difference between Carnival cruisers and RCL cruisers.......................Nothing.

Dan

Whew! And all this time those RCL Cruisers had me convinced I was nothing but Wal Mart, white trash that didn't give a hoot (no spotted owl pun intended) :D

It's kind of disgusting how a lot of people on that board are laughing or making fun of the "greenies" or "tree huggers." I'm 23 years old and very concerned about the environment for my future children and grandchildren... the state that the world will be in soon is no laughing matter. Although hounding someone on a cruise critic board about leaving a balcony door open is ridiculous, I wish people did take the overall idea about energy conservation more seriously... It very much saddened me to read some of those posts.

live and let live

Guest carlogesualdo

Thanks for the redirect. Otherwise, I would have missed this gem:

We prefer to open our balcony door and make sure the air conditioning is running while we enjoy our smuggled alcohol while we get ready for formal night by ironing our best jeans. Luckily our kids aren't bothering us since we sent them off to first save a few pool chairs and then play in the elevators. This way we can make sure we renew our balcony club membership. Then just for fun we order room service to deliver a bunch of food. Take a bite off of each plate and then just toss the rest overboard to help feed the dolphins that got caught in our tuna net that we have hanging off of the balcony. Occasionally we toss our cigarettes overboard too, just in case the fishes want a smoke, but we make sure we put them out before going onto our balcony, wouldn't want it to get all smoky, we just do that in our stateroom.

(Still looking forward to the sounds of the ocean and our first balcony next week.)

Satire at its finest! :D

Archived