Everything Splendor

big_duck

We did not have a guarantee.

We have a child with Autism who travels with us, so in the past we have always had to select the cabin to make sure he was not in an Upper.

Carnival was very careful to make sure our Balcony Spa cabin was ok for him. They were wonderful!!!

Good to know that they work so hard at making sure families with children with special needs are taken care of.

i have just been on splendor, i smoke, we went to the aft pool (i think its nicer than the middle one,) when i wanted a smoke i just nipped up stairs on starboard side and the ashtrays are right there.if you want to smoke and drink go to the grand piano bar, ron pass plays there, brilliant guy, enjoy.

Nipping (in my case means drinking, LOL) and going up and down stairs really don't mix well. I have the scars to prove it.

Bill,

Thanks again for all of your fantastic photos and taking the time from your holiday to answer all of our questions. Not having been on Carnival before, special thanks for the laundry special picture. I was able to make out the names of all the items on the list with the exception of the first item. Perhaps you remember what it was, or on your original digipic (w/higher resolution) you can make it out. So is the laundry special limited to only those garments?

Bob

It looked to me like the first item was "T-shirt." On our past Carnival cruise, you weren't restricted to just the items on the list, but keep in mind that you don't want to put anything delicate into the bulk-bag washing special.

And a big "THANK YOU" to nola for all of these pictures - they are helping to tide me over to our August departure!!

It looked to me like the first item was "T-shirt." On our past Carnival cruise, you weren't restricted to just the items on the list, but keep in mind that you don't want to put anything delicate into the bulk-bag washing special.
Thanks, looking forward to meeting you on board in a few weeks. Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know if Cat 11 suite get any extra perks, like priority tender tickets, express embarkation and/or lounge to wait for disembarkation?

How was the spa, is it worth getting a week pass?

We are booked for the 05/03/2008 Mexican Riviera cruise.

Thanks in advance

Do you know if Cat 11 suite get any extra perks, like priority tender tickets, express embarkation and/or lounge to wait for disembarkation?

No, no, no a thousand times no. Priority embarkation is the only perk you get.

THis my first yime on a cat 11 and the first time I ask the question.

Thousand thanks for the reply.

Just wanted to be emphatic because there is a lot of misinformation floating around out there (even within Carnival). ;)

I selected the Cat 11 because Carnival is offerring good discounts for veterans on that Category, but no discounts on Spa cabins.

Thanks again for the rest of information about smoking and the ship in general.

Duck...please tell me this isn't so?

I just realized that you and Z...NolaAlive were on the same cruise? Did you all meet up break bread, share wine and all that?

I went to several of the CC Meet and Greets, but there were no ducks present.

And a big "THANK YOU" to nola for all of these pictures - they are helping to tide me over to our August departure!!

I posted a more bigger picture of the laundry special in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=817784

If something isn't listed, I just write it in. For example, jeans.

Also posted a number of Spa pictures in that thread, as well.

Still some work to go, but have a combo special now (trying to consolidate the info)!

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/splendor.htm

:D Just back from the Splendor. What a great time and a beautiful ship. We upgraded to a Cat 11 suite and we were thrilled. It is a spoiler for future cruises: so much room and the bath is great.

• :) Safe is combination and there is a service person who can access it if you forget your combination as my mother-in-law did, so not to worry.
  • Very accomodating re: adding activities. MIL wanted to play bridge and CCL put out a feeler in the capers. MIL was able to set up bridge games for the rest of the cruise in special game room.
  • Debarkation very smooth: no immigration requirements, self-assist could leave as required (some people even debarked in Amsterdam). Full food service prior to leaving.
  • Assistance readily available for our elderly relatives, coming and going.
  • Food is first rate in the dining rooms and quite good on the Lido.

• :( Laundry facilities inadequate. In past, if the W/D breaks, that's it for the cruise. These functioned but were in constant use and the rooms were locked overnight. Did offer laundry deals 3x during the cruise but we had too much stuff to take advantage.
  • Not a smoker so no info re: smoking sites.
  • I would only quibble with the itinery slightly: I felt that Helsinki was fairly uninteresting (sorry Finns) but we were quite rushed in Amsterdam. Even Tallinn could have been longer: great shopping spot!
  • No chapel, for those who asked.

Questions?

:D Just back from the Splendor. What a great time and a beautiful ship. We upgraded to a Cat 11 suite and we were thrilled. It is a spoiler for future cruises: so much room and the bath is great.

Questions?

What tour did you do in St. Petersburg? Comments?

Thank you so much.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Questions?

Hello Pamulla! We have a reservation for a Cat11 for 05/09

Is bathroom has a shower or bathtub?

Can lounge chairs be placed on the balcony?

DO you have any pictures of the cabin?

Thanks in advance

I am thinking about booking on the Splendor for a Caribbean cruise in Jan 2009. My concern is that it sounds like there is a lot less space for lounging in the sun than on other Carnival ships. As this is one of my favorite parts of days at sea, I'd hate to be disappointed by there not being enough chairs or there being too many shaded spots. Do you have a feel for this? Thanks

I am thinking about booking on the Splendor for a Caribbean cruise in Jan 2009. My concern is that it sounds like there is a lot less space for lounging in the sun than on other Carnival ships. As this is one of my favorite parts of days at sea, I'd hate to be disappointed by there not being enough chairs or there being too many shaded spots. Do you have a feel for this? Thanks

• 1 year later...

Archived