Just back : Ketchikan July 8-review

VikkiGarcia

These boards were a great help before our cruise so I thought I might pass our experience along. July 8 was raining, not a very nice day. We decided to walk from the ship to Creek Street, take the funicular up to Fox Creek Lodge $2 roundtrip. Then we walked to the Salmon Hatchery and Eagle Center. The funicular takes you up the mountain that you will have to walk back down the frontside so it is not the quickest way to the hatchery but the kids in our group liked the ride up. The best part of the hatchery/Eagle center is that it was free for kids under 12. The fee was $12 for the rest of our group to tour including the totem center next door. This was a good, inexpensive option. We walked back to Creek Street then over toward the dock for shopping. We has a 3.5, 6, 9 year old who could handle the walk.

we are leaving july 27th on the coral princess southbound from anchorage to vancouver. i am having a difficult time packing!! what was the weather like when you were there?? what did you wear during the day? and did you take a helicopter to the glacier in juneau? if so, did you bring a heavy jacker? thanks for your help.

Archived