Just back: Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier July 9 -review

VikkiGarcia

We sailed the NCL Sun so we did the Catamaran tour to Tracy Arm. We left 30 minutes before the ship. This excursion was $183 so only 3 people in our group did it. I agonized before the trip wether this was worth my family spending $600. Was there something else that we should, ect. I finally took the advice of people on this board that it is a "must do". THANK YOU. It was one of the most memorable experiences of my lifetime and world travels. I saw the Great wall of China in March this might come a close second in leaving me speachless. It was Yosemite/Yellowstone in beauty all the way up the Arm. We went and sat at the face of both the North Sawyer and South Sawyer glacier. By then our ship met us at the closest point they could get to the glacier. They got really far up the Arm but were still a couple miles from the face of South Sawyer. You could see it from the ship, but nothing like we did. They never did see any of North Sawyer. We boarded the ship and sailed back up Tracy Arm the way we had come. I went out on deck and while it was beautiful it was not the same perspective you get on the smaller boat. I am really glad I bit the bullet and did this. If I ever was to do an Alaskan cruise again on another cruiseline and had 9 hours in port I would do this tour with AlaskaBound. It was a glacier tour but so much more.

we were going to do the same trip as yu but was told by the cruise line that it was not offort on the Sept 13 trip. :D

:(

I was nurves about getting back on the Star on the water. Glad to hear that you had a nice trip.

:D

Archived