Cruise director on Explorer

He was the CD on our Explorer cruise last August. Very easy on the eyes!! ;) Love that accent!! And a lot of fun too! He must have been pretty new when we had him, but he did an amazing job.

I just returned from the 9 day cruise to Canada as well with Dave as the CD. He was very entertaining and a great opening act for the night shows. Thank you for all the information about the length of CD's jobs because I would like to try to have Dave on my next cruise, whenever that will be.

I recommend watching the morning shows as they are quite hilarious. He not only reads the itinerary for the day, but puts a "Dave spice" into it and makes it a very entertaining 10-15 minute show. Watching channel 14 is a great way to start the day on the cruise and you won't regret it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ack! So excited to go on our Explorer cruise on August 14th but if Dave is going on vacation mid august he'll probably not be on our cruise!! Please oh Please Someone going on Explorer before me find out when he goes on vaca and post it. Don't want to get my hopes up for great CD and have them crushed with a sub......

How long do CD's typically stay on the same ship? Is there any chance we'll have him next May? I always hear raves about him, so I'd love to have the experience of being on a ship where he is CD.

I just returned from the 9 day cruise to Canada as well with Dave as the CD. He was very entertaining and a great opening act for the night shows. Thank you for all the information about the length of CD's jobs because I would like to try to have Dave on my next cruise, whenever that will be.

I recommend watching the morning shows as they are quite hilarious. He not only reads the itinerary for the day, but puts a "Dave spice" into it and makes it a very entertaining 10-15 minute show. Watching channel 14 is a great way to start the day on the cruise and you won't regret it.

We just returned & agree that he's fabulous!! The morning show is hilarious!!

:) I just read on another thread, from someone who just got back a day or 2 ago, that Dave mentioned something about going home in September, so it sounds like he'll be there for my August cruise! That's for the others of you who were wondering

I didn't really get how people made such a big deal about CD until we went on our last cruise. Dave Chapman is the best CD! He really is hilarious. His morning show is so funny. I hope to go on another cruise with him as CD again.

I must admit i had a great time on the Nordic Empress then i did on the Explorere of the seas, but like all cruises , nobody is actually gonna get 100 percent great cruise without some downfalls.

My most memorable moment on Explorer of the seas was of course the 70's disco night I got to dance with Dave Chapman (cd)as he was dressed as the construction worker from the Village people.;)

He sure wasent shy with me as we dirty danced on the Royal Promenade deck 5.

Dave is defently not shy when he is around alot of people but try and chat with him one on one and he truly is a shy and seriouse. Too bad we didnt exchange e-mails :).

My biggest complant about this cruiseship was they take their sweet time serving dinner in the dining room and the Windjammer closes way to early.

• 4 months later...
I second that for sure.....she must be away doing young teenage things for once!

Studying for standardized tests, working very hard in school, joined a recycling program, student council...it's what I've been up to. BUT I'M BACKKK! Everyone's worst nightmare, right? Hahah.

Funny how I'm associated with Dave Chapman in this way, no?

I would never scratch anyone's eyes out! I know I've sorta ranted a few times about him, but he isn't my property :)

Hey, Marissa, did you move to California?!?!?!? ;) :p :D :D :D

I seriously haven't been on Cruise Critic in agesss. I have no clue what's going on.

But I'm guessing Dave's ship is positioned in California?!

Hardy har har.

Although another thread tells me he'll be back on the Explorer (is it still in NJ?)I'm actually visiting family in NJ for the holidays.

I'm so lost with everything. Fill me in!

Archived