Princess at Sea Deck Wedding

m25653

All past Princess Brides I have a question for you. I just got an E-mail from TWE saying the ship has approved my request for a deck wedding on the Crown, but that I would not have any music or flower arrangements. Is this true? If so I may have to re-think the deck wedding, but the whole reason for doing an at sea wedding is to have it on the deck. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. Tara

Not trying to hijack the thread, but when are you getting married? I am wondering how much advance notice you got for your approval.

Laura

I am getting married on Novemeber 11, 2008.

We had our ceremony in the chapel, but from reading other threads many have been told this when they requested a deck wedding. Many were able to have cd's played (no live piano player that's included in the package) for music and sometimes the flowers have been brought out to the ceremony (despite being told no by TWE).

That being said, my parents spoke with the onboard coordinator on the Grand on a cruise several months before our wedding cruise. She was very clear to them that if we requested a deck wedding we would not have music or flowers.

Honestly, I think it comes down to the onboard coordinator/shipboard staff. Everyone else on this board seems to have had good experiences with flexible onboard coordinators who were willing to do whatever possible to make their wedding the way they wanted it (except our onboard coordinator who was awful---just tried to talk us out of basic things we wanted to do and tried to do as little work as possible).

I cant answer since i have not been married yet..but i was thinking the same question...since everyone says that TWE says on deck weddings get no music or flowers...but I sure have seen lots photos from this board of on-deck weddings on Princess ships and they all had the chapel flowers brought out on deck, along with the table and the candelabras, and the red carpet runners..

Some past brides have even said they had music piped in over the speakers.

But since TWE says its not possible, I think this really would depend on the on board coordinator being willing to break some rules...which most seem willing to do! : )

I wish you luck.

I was married in the chapel but had we opted for a deck wedding, flowers would have been impossible. It was sooo windy that they would have blown over for sure. Perhaps the weather does come into play for the decision....

Hi,

We had a deck wedding in January on the Golden. Without any asking on our part, the wedding co-ordinator arranged for all the flowers and decorations as well as collecting the CD 2 days before to make sure it would work in their equipment (it did).

TWE will tell you that you will receive nothing - they told us that as well, but once on board your Princess co-ordinator will make your day special.

Here are a couple pictures - our co-ordinator arranged all the plants, flowers, and decorations. We didn't ask for anything.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Ann

cv.jpg.b5d9010c1b07010562a32e2f7b97891f.jpg

as.jpg.df45000e6b591b3dcafd5a505a948958.jpg

TWE tells you that because that is what Princess has told them to say. Imagine if they told you differently and the onboard co didn't allow it. Boy would brides be mad and blame it on TWE!! They cannot guarantee anything unless it's inside because of weather. It totally depends on the onboard coodinator, the weather and the location on the deck. Hope it works out!

I agree with you Hollidaygal.

What I was trying to say was that, from my experience and many I've read, the Princess onboard co-ordinators will do their best to help you out and make your day fabulous.

Our deck location was moved up a deck and to the side at the last minute because it was too windy for the decorations/flowers. We weren't fussed and didn't mind not having them if that was easier for the crew (it was already set up!). We told Mauritz to do what was easier for him, that we didn't mind. They decided to move everything, and I really liked the outdoor semi-private location we had!

I understood where TWE was coming from, but it might not be a bad idea if they explained it as you did. They tend to say you "will not get" these items as opposed to "you might get them, but we can't guarantee it as it is up to the onboard co-ordinator and captain and weather permitting. Unfortunately you will have to wait until onboard for confirmation, but it is possible".

People tend to be more understanding when things are explained. This is just an opportunity for TWE to improve their customer relations! IMHO.

Cheers!

Ann

I agree with you Hollidaygal.

What I was trying to say was that, from my experience and many I've read, the Princess onboard co-ordinators will do their best to help you out and make your day fabulous.

Our deck location was moved up a deck and to the side at the last minute because it was too windy for the decorations/flowers. We weren't fussed and didn't mind not having them if that was easier for the crew (it was already set up!). We told Mauritz to do what was easier for him, that we didn't mind. They decided to move everything, and I really liked the outdoor semi-private location we had!

I understood where TWE was coming from, but it might not be a bad idea if they explained it as you did. They tend to say you "will not get" these items as opposed to "you might get them, but we can't guarantee it as it is up to the onboard co-ordinator and captain and weather permitting. Unfortunately you will have to wait until onboard for confirmation, but it is possible".

People tend to be more understanding when things are explained. This is just an opportunity for TWE to improve their customer relations! IMHO.

Cheers!

Ann

I couldn't agree more Ann! And thank you for putting it so calmly, clearly and honest. I applaud you for that! You are so right and all I can say is they are aware of this board and how their customers feel. Better communication is essential and they are working on it. Hopefully, their level of service and customer satisfaction will improve over time. What else can I say? Good to decent customer service is extremely lacking in this country now a days and it really frustrates me too. I am here trying to help make it a little bit better whenever I can! I hope it helps... :) Good luck!

BTW - In my humble experience, the cruise lines' staff are overall quite excellent! Especially, if it's your wedding day. ;) They have the same attitude I do...We will make it possible! I have had great experiences working with so many people on each cruise line and most are hard working and willing to go the extra mile (big smiles and thank you's help). I hope you experience the same!

Archived