Hemodialysis in Cozumel

I am planning to marry aboard Carnival's Fantasy 11/20/08, but this may change. My problem is that my mom is on hemodialysis, and I am not sure of whether she will be allowed to travel with us. she will only be missing one treatment, and I don't know whether or not she will be allowed to just bring a letter of clearance from her doctor, or whether she will need to schedule treatment at port (cozumel). Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

my dad had to have dialysis while we were in Cozumel in Dec 07. There is no information on the board as to having dialysis while in the port unless you do Dialysis at Sea, which was not an option for me.

It cost $700 US for the service. We had someone who worked at the Hospital stay with him while he was being dialized(sp?). His service was included in the fee. We had to mail his last three reports to Mexico. The facility was like the facilities in the states. They had only started providing the service to foreigners about three months prior. The needles and other supplies used were opened where my dad could see that new needles were being used. They provided a report in English for him to give to the facility in Grand Cayman $550US. I will give you the phone number and a contact person (speaks English) if you like.

Archived