Carnival Inspiration Cabin R 246

DALE 2001

Dave--I woulda paid the 40 bucks too. But think they shoulda offered it to you for free since you are so close to sailing.

becareful with further upgrades-- you do NOT want a cabin under the galley

in grand cayman-- have you swimmed with the sting rays yet?

you want to google---capt marvins or nativewayssports. less people for less money.

cozumel-- we always do the ruins. there are so many to chose from- because of the time it takes to do it--- use the cruiselines excursions

SERENE 56

WE BOOKED CAPT MARVINS FOR GRAND CAYMAN, LOOKS GREAT!!

STILL UP IN THE AIR ABOUT COZUMEL OR CALICA

DAVE

You cant go wrong with Capt Marvins. he first time we cruised we of course used the cruiselines tour for the stingrays. We paid 50.pp and arrived enmasse with 75 people on the boat.

Next tme we used a smaller vendor. arrived with 15 of us. The boats all go to the same place.. But the smaller vendors will "park" away from the crowds.

Its an awesome experience-- dont forget to buy your underwater camera at home- the ships cameras are very expensive. We forgot one and paid 27.00 for the camera and found the housing was cracked when we were away from the ship. Not very happy about that one.

In Coz we shopped. Very cheap here. Many vendors haggle. We ate at a nice place- ponchos backyard.

There also will be vendors at the pier when you get off- maybe something will catch your eye then

here is a wonderful page for everything in cozumel.

www.cozumelinsider.com

ow about the royal swim withthe dolphins

HI SERENE

THX ALOT, MY GIRLS HAVE FORCED ME INTO BOOKING THE ROYAL SWIM.

IT SEEMS THAT IM GOING TO BE A LITTLE WATERLOGGED AFTER THIS CRUISE.

STILL HAVEN'T DECIDED ON THE REST OF THE DAY IN COZUMEL

ONCE AGAIN THX

DAVE

HI SERENE

THX ALOT, MY GIRLS HAVE FORCED ME INTO BOOKING THE ROYAL SWIM.

IT SEEMS THAT IM GOING TO BE A LITTLE WATERLOGGED AFTER THIS CRUISE.

STILL HAVEN'T DECIDED ON THE REST OF THE DAY IN COZUMEL

ONCE AGAIN THX

DAVE

aww, so swiming with the dolphins was a good idea eh? now you booked that privatly correct>? coz the cruiselines only offer an encounter--nothing close to what you will experience with the royal swim.

are you in cozumel during sunet? Paradise beach is a good place

We sailed in R134 2 years ago on the Inspiration. We actually had 5 cabins in the back of the Riviera deck and we had no complaints from any of the twelve we traveled with. We all slept like rocks! We also experienced very little "traffic" noise outside our cabin because we were so far from the elevators! Hope you have a GREAT time on the Inspiration!

aww, so swiming with the dolphins was a good idea eh? now you booked that privatly correct>? coz the cruiselines only offer an encounter--nothing close to what you will experience with the royal swim.

are you in cozumel during sunet? Paradise beach is a good place

YES WE BOOKED PRIVATLY, I DECIDED TO GO WITH DOLPHIN SNOKEL SWIM SINCE MY ONE DAUGHTER HAS A LEARNING DISABILITY. I DON'T KNOW IF SHE CAN DO THE FOOT PUSH OR THE DORAL TOW.

PARADISE BEACH LOOKS PRETTY GOOD TOO.

DAVE

We sailed in R134 2 years ago on the Inspiration. We actually had 5 cabins in the back of the Riviera deck and we had no complaints from any of the twelve we traveled with. We all slept like rocks! We also experienced very little "traffic" noise outside our cabin because we were so far from the elevators! Hope you have a GREAT time on the Inspiration!

THX FOR THE INFO

DAVE

• 2 weeks later...
Dave--I woulda paid the 40 bucks too. But think they shoulda offered it to you for free since you are so close to sailing.

becareful with further upgrades-- you do NOT want a cabin under the galley

in grand cayman-- have you swimmed with the sting rays yet?

you want to google---capt marvins or nativewayssports. less people for less money.

cozumel-- we always do the ruins. there are so many to chose from- because of the time it takes to do it--- use the cruiselines excursions

HI SERENE:)

YOU WHERE RIGHT, CARNIVAL DROPPED THIER PRICE.

TA ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO BE UPGRADED TO EMPRESS OR BE REFUNDED 100 DOLLARS.

I TOOK THE REFUND, I DIDN'T WANT TO BE UNDER THE DINNING ROOM OR GALLEY.

THX DAVE

HI SERENE:)

YOU WHERE RIGHT, CARNIVAL DROPPED THIER PRICE.

TA ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO BE UPGRADED TO EMPRESS OR BE REFUNDED 100 DOLLARS.

I TOOK THE REFUND, I DIDN'T WANT TO BE UNDER THE DINNING ROOM OR GALLEY.

THX DAVE

good deal Dave-- $100 could pay for your tips. (LOL)

I will be in Aruba for the time you are sailing. report back on you cabin ok

PS- watch for further price reductions

The price of our cruise dropped Friday, plus available "free" upgrade. We were able to upgrade to a 5A AND get $60 OBC. Can't wait until Saturday.

where did you upgrade from?

Get a copy of the onboard credit- that way if it does not show up on your account by the next day--you have proof where it is coming from.

Thanks, I will make sure I get a copy of my OBC before we leave.

We upgraded from 4A aft on Riveria deck to a 5A on Main deck, plus the $60 OBC. We're getting excited, but a little worried about Gustav!

Thanks, I will make sure I get a copy of my OBC before we leave.

We upgraded from 4A aft on Riveria deck to a 5A on Main deck, plus the $60 OBC. We're getting excited, but a little worried about Gustav!

HAVE GREAT CRUISE, WHEN YOU GET BACK CAN YOU GIVE US AN UPDATE ON THE SHIP AND THE ENTERTAINMENT (DANCERS AND SINGERS).

THX DAVE

• 4 weeks later...
good deal Dave-- $100 could pay for your tips. (LOL)

I will be in Aruba for the time you are sailing. report back on you cabin ok

PS- watch for further price reductions

Hi Serene:)

Our cabin was in pretty good location compared to our first selection!!

Carnival did another price drop for another 100 off which we jumped on .

Overall we enjoyed our cruise except for going to progresso instead of grand cayman ( thx ike )

On our next cruise we will be booking a balcony, it was like sleeping in a closet no light, no window and ocean breeze or sound.

A question i have for you is what would be a great cruise for our25th wedding anniversary.

Once again thanks for you help and advice on our last two cruises, you have given us great advice on our cabin selections and excursions.

You should be a travel agent.

THANK YOU

DAVE

On our next cruise we will be booking a balcony, it was like sleeping in a closet no light, no window and ocean breeze or sound.

A question i have for you is what would be a great cruise for our25th wedding anniversary.

THANK YOU

DAVE

for a 25th--take the caribbean Princess our of SanJuan for a spectacular southern cruise-- see if it stops in Aruba.

What month is the anniverssary?

We were in aruba the same week as your cruise= I have a cruise schedule for February- Aruba was that great that I was contemplating cancelling our cruise and heading back--until I priced it out-- 6,000?? no thanks.

We were carnival Junkies===until we took our first Princess cruise last year- that cruise wow'd me from the second we boarded to the time we got off.

If looking at a balcony--take an aft one--- on the CB you want either C753 or C752

its almost private with only one nighbor. Taking carnival-- look for an aft balcony on empress deck on either side of the wrap around.

for a 25th--take the caribbean Princess our of SanJuan for a spectacular southern cruise-- see if it stops in Aruba.

What month is the anniverssary?

We were in aruba the same week as your cruise= I have a cruise schedule for February- Aruba was that great that I was contemplating cancelling our cruise and heading back--until I priced it out-- 6,000?? no thanks.

We were carnival Junkies===until we took our first Princess cruise last year- that cruise wow'd me from the second we boarded to the time we got off.

If looking at a balcony--take an aft one--- on the CB you want either C753 or C752

its almost private with only one nighbor. Taking carnival-- look for an aft balcony on empress deck on either side of the wrap around.

WOW

PRINCESS IS THAT GOOD, OUR ANNIVERSARY IS IN JULY BUT WE LIKE TO CELEBRATE IT IN JAN OR FEB 2011

THX DAVE

WOW

PRINCESS IS THAT GOOD, OUR ANNIVERSARY IS IN JULY BUT WE LIKE TO CELEBRATE IT IN JAN OR FEB 2011

THX DAVE

Princess was that good-- and it better be for or upcoming crown in Feb.

Princess costs a bit more--- but trully worth it= ya like seafood? crb logs and lobster claws the first night.

soda card is actually affordable-but coffee is terrible for the free stuff. Had to pay a buck a cup for the fresh brewed stuff.

this is to anyone that has been on this ship and knows about cabins and cruising in general.

Im booked on this ship in a guaranteed stateroom. My travel agent told me that a lot of times they upgrade you.

is this a high probability if we are going during the holidays??

also if the price drops for whatever reason, what process do I need to go through and what should i do if I booked it through a travel agent.

Please let me know! thanks!

-Luisa

this is to anyone that has been on this ship and knows about cabins and cruising in general.

Im booked on this ship in a guaranteed stateroom. My travel agent told me that a lot of times they upgrade you.

is this a high probability if we are going during the holidays??

also if the price drops for whatever reason, what process do I need to go through and what should i do if I booked it through a travel agent.

Please let me know! thanks!

-Luisa

well, if you read these boards it would seem that upgrades happen a lot--but reality is that members here represent less then 1% of the cruising public.

Sailing during the holidays your ship will sell out quickly.

Most people get upgraded with in their cat so if you booked an inside room you will get an inside room. Please dont book an inside room with the hopes of getting a window.

On this class of ship--taking a gurantee is pure gamble. there are too many cabins that you could get that will prove to be noisy- under a galley, under the pizza kitchen. under the lido pool. Its just not worth the money saved.

IF the price comes down (hoping your agent will give all price reductions--_) not all agents do that-- and its one of the questions that you should ask.

you watch the carnival web site for pricing in th cat you booked- if that price comes down compared to what you paid-- then you call the agent

Archived