Majesty of the Sea

I have my first RCCL cruise booked for Oct. 06 on the MOS and have been an avid reader and contributor to CC since my first Carnival cruise 2 years ago. I scan the boards several times a day when I have a cruise booked and at least a couple or more times a week when I dont have one booked. My question on the RC boards there is very little discussion about the MOS. Is it that unpopular of a ship among CC that you dont book it. I booked it strictly for its port of calls on the week I could go. .

I'm surprised about the lack of posts on Majesty of the Seas because it seems that I answer posts about this ship on nearly a daily basis. It is, in fact, a very popular ship. Sometimes it is even hard to book passage.

We've sailed on Majesty four times, including once before her multi-million dollar renovation. We've never done a back-to-back because the short cruise ( 3 or 4-night) makes it a fabulous quick getaway for us.

Yes, it does have the small rooms of an older ship and doesn't have Flow-Riders and putt-putt golf, but because the itinerary is port heavy these cool amenities don't really matter so much due to lack of time to use them.

One of the advantages of the Majesty cruises is that the crew and staff seem so much friendlier, though I don't know why that should be, but it is true. Also, I think the food is better than on some of the bigger ships. Again I don't know why, but it is has been the case for us.

Two things Majesty lacks, a concierge lounge for Diamond/Diamond Plus Crown and Anchor members and a premium restaurant such as Chops or Portofino, aren't really missed all that much because of the short itinerary.

A fun venue is the Johnny Rockets diner. A fun lounge is the Boleros louinge when the band is in high gear.

I love, love, love Coco Cay and hope you can get there. Key West is my favorite small town in Florida. It is so quirky and off beat.

I hope you enjoy Majesty of the Seas a smuch as we do. Have a great trip.

So glad to hear all the positive comments about this ship... we've booked her for a four-night cruise with my parents and in-laws, their first cruises. We've been on Adventure and Splendour and loved them both for different reasons, looking forward to enjoying Majesty too!

That would be great fun but none of RCCL ships have big screen tv's by the pool.

Laura

Mybe They Would Put One On The Osis Of The Sea

The new Oasis of the Seas is going to have 2 big projection screens at the new AquaTheatre so RCCL is finally catching up with the other cruiselines on this feature. RCCL usually seems to be ahead of the game, but on this one, they are playing catch-up.

Majesty is an old girl. I travelled her once when she first came out on a 7 day western and it was fantastic. Went on her 4 years later on a 3 day cruise and boy was she showing wear and tear (that was about 5 years ago). I'm sure they've painted and changed carpets, but remember she is old!There is a reason the newer ships are popular - they are better and they are NEW.

Says who?

One more quick question, does MOS have a big screen tv at the pool like the newer ships

The cruise industry has a habit of eventually catching on to each others' best ideas. That's one I'm ready to have catch on with RCI ships. But to this point, I'm not aware of any RCI ship--new or old--having large screen poolside movies yet. It would be fun though!

The new Oasis of the Seas is going to have 2 big projection screens at the new AquaTheatre so RCCL is finally catching up with the other cruiselines on this feature. RCCL usually seems to be ahead of the game, but on this one, they are playing catch-up.

Blech. :(

JMO, of course. ;)

I'm so excited about my upcoming Majesty B2B!!! Sailed on Monarch in LA this past April and it was awesome, lots of people like the cruiser on this board who cruise it regularly, know the staff, etc. Also very friendly staff and better food than I've had on some of the larger RCL ships.

Hey, Carol, join me on a Princess cruise and I'll introduce you to the delights of poolside movies! ;) Now I want to do the Trifecta like you and sail the Sovereign before it leaves the fleet, too...

I like that different ships and different cruise lines have different amenities to offer -- more new things to try!

This is also my first B2B, I'm excited about that, too...

We just booked our 6th and 7th MOS in Oct. 08 and Apr. 09. Being on Majesty is like going back home for us. We love her itinerary and short escape cruise experience. My DH and family do not do well with days at sea, so this is perfect for us. And we do the same excursions at Nassau each time too!:p

Archived