Ok, if I am going to request a waiter in the main room

Fauna

Sounds like the easiest way to avoid poor service is to request a waiter so..... recent cruisers, if you could (or did) choose, who was it?

Remember that not all waiters work the same areas every night. We had a waiter that we really liked on the Dawn in 2006. One night he wasn't available because he was the "relief waiter." Another favorite waiter on the Star moved from restaurant to restaurant each night as needed based on staffing.

Also, requesting a specific waiter can add to a longer wait time for a table if the requested waiters section is all filled up.

I have found that it is great to try different waiters as a way to meet new people.

We chose waiter Jaime Santos in the Liberty dining room last month. After meeting him the first night, we had standing reservations with him (party of 12) at 6:30 every evening. He was one of the highlights of our cruise! He was GREAT with the kids as well as the adults, telling jokes, making special origami stuff, and just generally being fabulous. After the second night, he knew what we wanted (drinks, dressings, etc) without even asking. Food service was very prompt, which was one of the problems we had previously with NCL's Freestyle. There is a section devoted to him on the "Our Ship" page for our cruise (link in my signature). Ask for Jaime...you'll be glad you did!

Archived