Having a hard time

dmc1025

Can anyone tell me if there is a cruise line out there that gives you 2 days in denali. I can't seem to find one, and can someone tell me if we book a cruise that includes the Heritage tour in Denali do we have to do that tour or can we change it to one of the wilderness ones I have been reading about?

We are on Celebrity Millinium Cruisetour #1 in Aug. It is a 4 night tour beginning in Fairbanks, 2 nights in Denali, 1 night in Anchorage and then the inside passage cruise on Millinium leaving from Seward. The Tundra Wildnerness Tour is included in Denali. There are a couple of other options in Denali as well.

I do know that several of the Holland America tours include two nights in Denali. Where have you been looking?

Often you can cancel the Natural History Tour and book another tour yourself. You might even get a refund from the cruiseline if you are lucky. If the cruisetour will be in Denali for the full day it is easier to do this. You have to call the hotel to see what kind of transportation is available from the hotel to the park if you book on your own. I believe I read somewhere on this board that if you book the TWT a shuttle will pick you up from your hotel. Of course, you need to verify this. The post that mentioned this said the Park offers this for the tours not the shuttles.

We are doing RCCL tour # 2 which is 12 days and 2 nights in Denali. We were originally going to do package 10 which was only 11 days and still had 2 in Denali but when we found out that it was not much more to add the day at Talkeetna and that the 12 day would give us 2 cruise credits where 11 only counted as one, We went for it.

We went on the Princess 11 day North bound, I believe tour # 4.....

2 nights Denali, 1 night Mt. Mckinley , 1 night ANC....Great tour....

Train to Denali....Spend the night....Tundra Wilderness tour the next morning....

Train to Talkeetna the next day, have 1/2 day to spend in Denali, so went to the Ranger sled dog show...Great as well...

Mt. McKinley lodge great as well....Mt. Mckinley out in full view when we arrived..

Capt. Cook hotel in ANC, very nice as well...

CALBOB

i had 2 nights denali and had one full day and 2 half days

used all my time to see things or ahve dinner

white water raft, jeff king's homestead, rib dinner and 5 boring hours in the park since you need he 7 hours day and that is a long day

Archived