just back from St. Marten

sueajp

Hi folks,

Just back from out AOS cruise on July 6th. We went to St. Marten and booked Bernards Tour after reading recommendations here on the boards. It was a GREAT tour. We actually went in a van with Joseph and Bernard was in the other van. We were lucky enough to have some of our new Cruise Critic friends that we met join us. It was a very comprehensive tour and they could not have been more accommadating. We went to Maho beach, many scenic overlooks, some shopping, both French and Dutch sides of the island and two great hours at Orient Beach. They provided plenty of drinks along the way. They gave great info as we went along. At the end, some of us asked to be dropped off downtown and others went back to the ship. They were quite flexible. I heartily recommend Bernards tour for the price and value! Enjoy!

Sue:D:D

PS Wish I was back there now.

Hi Sue,

I am glad that you had a great time. We are thinking about booking Bernard's Tour also. How much did you pay for the tour? How long is the tour? Thank you so much for your info.

Hi Martin and Lindsey,

When is your sailing? We are leaving in 2 weeks also. How much is the Bernard Tour? Thanks

We are sailing on the Adventure of the Seas on 27th July. Are you on the same sailing? If you are, why don't you join the Roll Call, and even sign up for the Meet and Mingle (we need 5 more to sign up :))

Bernard now charges $35 per person, I believe. We were lucky and booked a little while ago when he still charged $30 and I think he will honour that price.

Do let us know if you decide to book with Bernard and we'll look out for you.

We did Bernard's tour last week and it was absolutely wonderful. Only costs $30 per person (we gave extra tip) and you don't pay until you're done with the tour. You get to see a lot of things, lunch is on your own dime but he has lots of cold bottled water, beer and a rum punch that is delicously lethal!! A really, really nice man and very friendly. We did three beaches (BTW, didn't see any nudity on Orient Beach), shopping and toured both French and Dutch sides of the island. HE IS GREAT!!!

Definitely considering Bernard's tours in January, but Maho Beach is one of my must-stops (I'm a plane geek). Does his tour stop there long or is it just a 5-10 minute scenic stop as outlined on his website?

Archived