Glory -teen Club

NewCruiser10

My son (17) likes having Club O2 as a place to meet his friends, hang out to listen to music, play some games. He's participated in some of the "group" activities - it depends on the activity. He's already told us that he's not sure he wants to cruise with us next summer, since he will have aged out of Club O2 by then!

Before our first cruise last year our two teens (17 & 14) were less than excited with the idea of the teen clubs. Once on the Valor they decided to give it a try and ended up having a great experience. They made great friends, spent a lot of time in the clubs and list that as one of their favorite parts of their cruise. A year later dd still is in contact with friends she made on the cruise.

My son likes just about any of the sports activities - basketball, table tennis, swimming. On Victory last year they had a bathrobe party one night (they went into the karaoke lounge and the hostess made them sing "Splish Splash:p). There are also movie nights.

One of the activities I've seen a number of kids participate in (not my son - I wish I could get him more interested) is the "Amazing Race" - a scavenger hunt with photos. They are divided into teams and given lists to go around the ship to get different pictures, either of themselves at specific locations or of passengers. When we sailed on Valor in February, a team came up to us while we were in one of the Lido deck hot tubs and asked if those of us in the tub could form a conga line so they could take our picture. We were glad to help, and my son was suitably embarrassed later to see a picture of me in my bathing suit as part of a conga line.:eek: I've seen this activity on every cruise we've taken since our son started participating in Club O2. Some of the other activities they do are "Fear Factor" and "Survivor."

Last year I posted a listing of the Club O2 activities from our February 2007 Liberty cruise. I can't find it since the search feature is down, though. It would have been from around March 2007.

Son 17, really just liked hanging out in the club. He got into the guitar hero contest (he'd never played before) and really liked attending the entertainment with friends from the club. Daughter 14, enjoyed the dancing, scavanger hunts and just hanging with kids her own age. A lot of the kids from both clubs all got together in Cozemul (our last stop) and went to the same beach. It was pretty cool to see how quickly they made friends.

Archived