Anyone ever done this? Sleeping Bags

stbmom

So, we are traveling with three little ones. We will have one three year old and two one year olds. We are thinking of just taking sleeping bags and having them sleep in them on the floor. We are going to start having "camp outs" now to get them used to the bags. I toddler proof like crazy whenever we travel (we travel a lot). But after having 2 kiddos fall out of beds when traveling recently, just think having them closer to the ground will be the best bet.

We cosleep now, so don't really mind them in the bed with us. But five gets crowded when you are not in a king size bed, and even now our 3 year old is usually in his own bed most of the night as is at least one of the twins.

We already have their sleeping bags (and we are driving, so extra luggage isn't an issue). I think the Pack N Plays will take up way too much room as each one year old would need their own and the falling out of bed thing is just a little scary.

You may not have enough floor space for the sleeping bags. We brought sleeping bags with the blow up mattress with us for our 1 and 4yo but we ended up not using them. We were on Carnival and had a cabin with 2 loft beds. The 4yo ended up sleeping in the cabin with my parents and I was in a king size bed with a 5 mo old and a 1 yo. My hubby ended up in the loft bed and this worked out pretty well for us.

What about the kids all sleeping in the bed and you and DH in separate bunks? Not romantic but look where that got you:DJust kidding me too! The beds are not very high off the ground, the bunks are. One step ahead sells those folding bed rails for traveling. Those might work. You could also try one parent on on end, kids in the middle, and a bed rail. The other parent would be in a bunk and not get kicked all night.

Archived