Music in a Mini

resstation

My husband and I are renewing our vows on our upcoming cruise on the CB. We are in a mini suite. I would like to play "our song" on our anniversary. Do I have to bring my CD player or do I have any other options?

In a mini suite, there is no way to play your own music, you had better bring along the CD player.

We always travel with an Ipod docking station because we love music in our rooms. At this point they don't even offer DVD players in minis, but my guess is eventually they will. We tend to be the ones who bring all that goop with us, because it really personalizes it for us. And this sounds like a special enough occasion to bring a few CDs to enjoy and a portable player.

DW and I bring an MP player, and I picked up a very cool and very small, excellent sounding, travel speaker, that can be run on AA batteries or an adapter. I also have a small travel battery charger, and use NiMH rechargables, and have never run out of power, even during a week of quite frequently playing of music. I bring along a spare set of AA batteries (the speaker unit takes 4), and always have backup power. ;)

I gotta ask, what is your song? :)

This is our anniversary song. Still The One, by Shania Twain. Neither of us are big country music fans, but this song really speaks to our relationship. It was actually released before we even got married but I made a mental note that on our 10th anniversary, this would be the song.

DW and I bring an MP player, and I picked up a very cool and very small, excellent sounding, travel speaker, that can be run on AA batteries or an adapter. I also have a small travel battery charger, and use NiMH rechargables, and have never run out of power, even during a week of quite frequently playing of music. I bring along a spare set of AA batteries (the speaker unit takes 4), and always have backup power. ;)

That's the only way to go. We bought our speakers 5 years ago at Radio Shack for 20.00 and they still have the same speakers today and they are 14.95. We never go to a hotel or on a cruise without MP player and speakers. They come in a little black pouch and travel great!

apRS1C-2266490w345.jpg

I just purchased IMainGo speakers through Ebay (make sure you buy 2nd generation speakers, not first generation if you are buying through Ebay). They have great reviews. When I get them, if you are interested, I will post again to let you know how we like them. You can see their website at www. imaingo . com (without the spaces). I bought mine for $20 + $7 shipping. They offer free shipping for additional units.

Archived