What not to miss on the Glory?

CruiseHead98

We were onboard by 11:30 and I headed straight to the Red Sail. Stopped outside the entrance and booked the Emerald Room, then inside and up the stairs to the Fish & Chips. We were practically the first people in and I was definitely the first to get my F&C. Loved it.

It was the first time we ever visited the spa on a ship. We used the whirlpool and the sauna on both the sea days. Sitting in the sauna in front of the big window and just looking at the water was great.

I'll add my "ditto" to the Emerald Club. But very simply, you don't want to miss the whole experience...the Glory is a fantastic ship. We'll be back on for our 3rd Glory cruise at New Years. Can't wait.

Agree with all the above and would like to add that we really enjoyed the afternoon "Teas". Wonderful little pastries, classical music, good company, and good hot tea.:)

Our 1st Carnival Cruise is in 5 mos on her; I cannot wait to check her out. Will luggage be available for proper dress for supper club on debarking day?

Your luggage should be in your room by 2 pm or so on embarkation day.

Hmmm.....let's see.....

~ Chocolate Buffet

~ The cholate cake from Cappucino's

~ The Drink of the Day (EVERYDAY!)

~ The little spots of the decks (forward and aft) where you can walk out alone and feel like you are on your own private cruise ship!

~ What's In the Bag? game

~ The $10 handbag sale on one of the sea days, picked up an adorable little purse to use for that evenings formal dinner

~ The library , kick back and play a board game (ask at Purser's desk for the key to the cabinet)

~ Order a drink from the bar in the atrium and just sit back and people watch for a bit

Have an awesome time!!!

Agree with all the above and would like to add that we really enjoyed the afternoon "Teas". Wonderful little pastries, classical music, good company, and good hot tea.:)

Yes, Yes, Yes, the "Teas" are great. I look forward to sailing on Glory next year.

Hmmm.....let's see.....

~ Chocolate Buffet

~ The cholate cake from Cappucino's

~ The Drink of the Day (EVERYDAY!)

~ The little spots of the decks (forward and aft) where you can walk out alone and feel like you are on your own private cruise ship!

~ What's In the Bag? game

~ The $10 handbag sale on one of the sea days, picked up an adorable little purse to use for that evenings formal dinner

~ The library , kick back and play a board game (ask at Purser's desk for the key to the cabinet)

~ Order a drink from the bar in the atrium and just sit back and people watch for a bit

Have an awesome time!!!

Hmmmm Chocolate Buffet Is that on the last day? :D

We

It was the first time we ever visited the spa on a ship. We used the whirlpool and the sauna on both the sea days. Sitting in the sauna in front of the big window and just looking at the water was great.

That's sounds nice! I wonder if you have to pay to use the sauna?

That's sounds nice! I wonder if you have to pay to use the sauna?

The sauna, steam room and whirlpool are all available at no additional charge. I just wish that the whirlpool was a little warmer. Give your S&S card to the hostess at the spa counter and ask for a locker (no additional charge either).

The Fish & Chips place that is sort of hidden.

I recall being on one of the deck chairs on the Panorama deck towards the back (aft) on the port side. Right outside the upstairs restaurant seating area that shows as "SUR MER" which is where I recall the Fish & Chip/seafood section being on the Panorama deck. You can see this on the GLory website deck plan. Very quite back here, less crowded and away from all the action of the pool, noise and the insanity of being closest to the Grand Buffet and Red Sail. You can just walk in and normally find a seat in this area as most people won't walk up the stairs from Lido/Red Sail area. Most people gravitate to the downstairs seating which is closest to the buffett and miss the Fish and Chips station up one deck and towards the back.

Is the tea in the afternoon an additional fee? That sounds really nice. Our two girls would love that.

Thanks,

sandi

No additional charge for the afternoon tea. It is great!! My daughter and I went both sea days. No need to dress up. Most folks came in shorts and tee-shirts, except for the "Red Hat" ladies. It was held in the Ivory Lounge.

I have to agree with everyone about the afternoon tea. I went on the Valor and it was great. I wished I hadn't missed them on the previous ships I'd been on. So when I go on the Glory in December, I'm so going to be there.

Does anyone know if the Glory's spa/gym area has indoor whirlpool? There was one on the Valor that was kinda in the middle of the gym, but it was closed in and it had a little waterfall. Before many people really discovered it, which took about 3 days, it was a very relaxing place to be.

Archived