What not to miss on the Glory?

CruiseHead98

We were onboard by 11:30 and I headed straight to the Red Sail. Stopped outside the entrance and booked the Emerald Room, then inside and up the stairs to the Fish & Chips. We were practically the first people in and I was definitely the first to get my F&C. Loved it.

It was the first time we ever visited the spa on a ship. We used the whirlpool and the sauna on both the sea days. Sitting in the sauna in front of the big window and just looking at the water was great.

What time did you arrive at the pier, in order to get on by 11:30? Where you one of the first at the pier?

It was the first time we ever visited the spa on a ship. We used the whirlpool and the sauna on both the sea days. Sitting in the sauna in front of the big window and just looking at the water was great.

Is the sauna co-ed? I would really like to do this with dh.;)

Sorry, the sauna and steam room are not co-ed. There is one on the men's side and one on the ladies. The enclosed whirlpool is co-ed. It is right between the two areas. It was barely lukewarm on our cruise.

Summer Breeze in the Atrium - loved listening to them play in the evenings! Nice, romantic, dance music.

Also agree with the poster who mentioned the Burgundy Bar - had (several) tasty martinis that I had never had/heard of before. One was named after Mark Price's fiancee, and was REALLY good! I can NOT remember her name, but she hosts the karaoke (which we found entertaining!).

Emerald Room was amazing! Everyone says it's worth the extra $30pp and IT IS!!!

If you like to cook (and I LOVE to cook), don't miss the Supper Club cooking classes on both sea days. I learned to make their amazingly tender and flavorful filet mignon, as well as the surf and turf, creme brulee and a few other things. They also provide recipes for some of the things that they show you how to make - such as the apple tart. Mmm :)

Shop talk - they toss free stuff out into the crowds - sit up close and center stage. They talk up D.I. quite a bit, which gets old, but we did learn a few things - and got several coupons for various places, which was handy-dandy in port.

Oh man, I want to get back on the ship!! The Glory was an awesome ship, and we were sad to leave her. I hope you enjoy yourselves as much as we did! Have a wonderful vacation!

Brandi

What time did you arrive at the pier, in order to get on by 11:30? Where you one of the first at the pier?

Yeah, we had a really early flight on Friday morning, and we rented a car from Avis 1-way, so I had to drop the car off within that 24-hour period. So we were at the port by about 10, through security and check-in by 10:30, boarded at 11:15, and on our way up the stairs to the Lido deck at 11:28. I made a note of the time so I could report back here!

I normally prefer a steam room to a sauna, but it was out of order that first day. It was working on the 2nd sea day but it was actually too hot for me. It was really very uncomfortable.

Note: DD was rinsing off in one of the showers and the showerhead suddenly popped off and clonked her in the head. She didn't say anything until we were getting ready for dinner that night, when she complained about the lump on her head. She wouldn't let me report it to anyone (because she didn't want them to think she was just complaining and trying to get something, as it seems so many passengers will do).

What is the Emerald Room? Um, it's the supper club. Look at the deck plans. On Deck 10, I believe.

There is also a Glory thread here, somewhere, where much of this info already resides. I'll try to find the link.

Edit: Here's the "All Things Glory" thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=664175

Archived