American TA vs. European TA for MSC??

CruisinEurope

Does anyone have a preference over booking with an American TA vs. a European TA for MSC?

We're ex-pats (Americans) currently living in Denmark and are looking to try out MSC ... just wondering if there are any ups or downs either way??

Thanks!!!

I think with MSC, an American TA would be better.

I have recently booked a Costa cruise in the UK, because suprizingly enough, at the time of booking. it was much cheaper here in the UK than in the US, although I think the US prices have now come down to match & perhaps a TA would have been able to get me a better deal....however, space for quad balcony cabins was limited, which is what I was after, so if I had waited I may not have got what I wanted.

I can give you a comparison though for MSC. I originally booked in the UK, but on the same day *sob* I found I was able to book in the US. It was still cheaper for me to cancel & lose my £400 deposit (approx $800) that hadn't even cleared my bank.:mad:

In the UK my total for a cat 11 balcony cabin for 4..3 adults 1 child...was £3122 (approx $6244) In the US, exactly the same thing was $3799.

I would just shop around & compare prices, but definately explore the possibilty of a US TA.

Edit: Just to add, there has been no problem with the tickets. Received them via Fed Ex a couple of weeks ago. :)

I've always booked witha UK TA but am seriously tempted to use an American one next time. My UK agent is really good and gives the best prices to be had here but when you see how much cheaper the cruises are in the US, it certainly seems worth considering

We booked with a US TA and have saved an absolute fortune, especially with the dollar being so UK pound friendly right now. i've decided to never be ripped off again with UK high travel prices so i now always use US websites.

Have a great cruise

Davina

• 2 weeks later...

Archived