Waitlisted for an excursion

bzplaying

I know you don't want to hear this, but it really depends. If there are enough folks waitlisted and it's an excursion that can be additionally booked, like say a circle island tour as opposed to a zip line excursion, then Princess might add a bus. Lots of folks double book excursions and then release them once they get on board (this is one of the hassles about being able to pay after you go on them). We've been waitlisted and always gotten on an excursion, but that may just be luck more than anything else.

Where are you sailing? What is the excursion? Is there another option? Some run a morning and an afternoon excursion (not always mentioned in the site, but it will be in the booklet you receive). Is this an excursion that you can book outside the ship? Have you check with your roll call to see what they are doing? That might be another option.

Good luck!

Where are you sailing? What is the excursion? Is there another option? Some run a morning and an afternoon excursion (not always mentioned in the site, but it will be in the booklet you receive). Is this an excursion that you can book outside the ship? Have you check with your roll call to see what they are doing? That might be another option.

Good luck!

Great suggestions:)

It is hard to guess whether you will clear or not. As stated, sometimes there is enough demand to add a bus to an excursion. Other times, the nature of the excursion prohibits this. Check when you are on board. Also, if you really want to do an excursion check right after the end of the cancellation period.

Princess has such a liberal excursion cancellation policy (easy to prebook on line without prepayment, easy to cancel without penalty up to 2 days or so before the port stop) that many people book extra excursions "just in case"...

If this is an excursion you really want to do, however, I would look into private alternatives if at all possible.

On the CB 7/28 and they dropped St. Marteen and added Tortolo for a short day, they are having an excursion to the Baths Virgin Gorda which seems to be a must see, so we are taking our chances we have a group of 10 but I can't speak for everyone, my DH and I wanted to Scuba but since we leave the island at 1pm the dive shops can't accomodate.

So this is our waitlisted alternative if they can accomodate us.

Open for any other suggestions port time is slated for 7am-1pm.

Thanks,

Karen

On the CB 7/28 and they dropped St. Marteen and added Tortolo for a short day, they are having an excursion to the Baths Virgin Gorda which seems to be a must see, so we are taking our chances we have a group of 10 but I can't speak for everyone, my DH and I wanted to Scuba but since we leave the island at 1pm the dive shops can't accomodate.

So this is our waitlisted alternative if they can accomodate us.

Open for any other suggestions port time is slated for 7am-1pm.

Thanks,

Karen

Wow, that is a tough port time. I was going to say that you can go to the Baths on your own for a much cheaper price by just taking the ferry, but Speedy's doesn't leave Tortola until 9:00 and then you would really need to catch the 11:30 back to Tortola, which doesn't give you much time at the Baths. Smith's leaves earlier but they don't have good return times. I would say that if the ship gets in early and you can get to the ferry terminal before 7:00 you could grab the Smith's ferry and then come back on their 10:15, that would give you a few hours at the Baths at least, and you could do some shopping around Road Town too when you get back. I would stay waitlisted for the Princess tour, if there are enough people waitlisted they might add some more tours.

Here is a link to the ferry schedules. http://www.bviwelcome.com/ferries.html

Archived