Los Veranos canopy tour

marilynbn

We are thinking about doing this tour in Puerto Vallarta. I have a couple of concerns that hopefully someone can address here. When I go to their website I notice that all the pictures of the activity are of people without safety gear. Most other sites show people wearing helmets. Do they not provide this at Los Veranos? I also notice in these pictures that the people they show are strong-armed men in a semi-reclined position as they zip along the cable. This would be un-doable for my non-athletic 13 year old daughter. Is this really the position you have to be in as you zip along? It looks like you have to have a lot of arm strength to hold yourself up. Can anyone confirm or refute this observation for me?? Thank you. Marilyn ;)

Marilyn,

I emailed PVPam and she assured me that it is super safe and that my tiny 8-year old daughter could make the climb and would absolutely love it.

I would like to hear from people who just observed from the deck? That's what I plan to do watching my hubby and daughter. Do I need binoculars to see them that far up?

cq

This tour is not difficult at all. For me the hardest part was the heat! And I am afraid of heights.

You are in a harness that you almost sit in. The harnesses go around your legs & waist. They completely hold you up. On some zips, you lean back and put your legs straight out. On the longer, faster ones - they will have you bend your legs in so that you aren't going too fast.

The guides are First Class and there is a safety training session before you zip. Each person is personally fit by the guides with their harness so they are sure that they fit. The guides made this excursion so great! They laugh, like to have fun and make you feel very safe. I wish I could have zipped backwards like some of them did!

I had no safety concerns with this excursion and I highly recommend it. They are accident free since opening, per PV Pam.

I am also wondering what location to give when reserving this on line. I want to get the "book on line" discount and it asks which location I will need to be shuttled from. The map they give is not clear. Does anyone remember which one is closest to where we dock in Puerto Vallarta? Thanks Marilyn

Just let Sylvie know you are coming in from the cruise ship. You will need to take a taxi to a Pemex station which is next door to their office. If Sylvie knows you are coming in from a ship, then she will make sure you get the confirmation that tells you where to go.

Tina

We just returned from our cruise 10/24 and did the zip lines. Caught a cab at the tender dock to their office (across from the Premex station per Sylvie's instructions). Four in our group with one being afraid of heights, all 4 of us had a great time. No helmets seen but never felt there was a need for them either. Staff were fun, helpful and stressed safety. You don't need a lot of strength just need to be able to hold onto the pully. The harness is strapped around your bottom and waist and that is what holds your weight. We'd love to go back and do it again!

We just got back and loved this tour!!! You don't have to have any strength. We saw kids around 7-9 and they had no problems. The heat is the biggest factor. The guides are very safe. I would do it again and again! It is so much fun. I really enjoyed the day!

M:)

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and I did the Canopy tour de los Veranos in PV when we were on the NCL "Star" Oct. 20-28 sailing. I am 70 years old, not very athletic and I loved it!

It is very safe and as others have said, you are basically "sitting" in the harness. You really don't need any arm strength to hold onto the handlebars because the harness is what supports your body weight. It's like sitting in a hammock.

If your non-athletic daughter is interested in doing this, she will have a ball once she does the first zipline and sees how easy it is. The ziplines get progressively longer and higher so you work up to them. There's a guide on the platform to hook you to the line and another guide waiting on the opposite platform to "catch" you and unhook you from the zipline. There's also a third guide helping. You always feel safe.

We were lucky that it wasn't hot when we were there.

Archived