Ever have this happen?

itstimeforacruise

If any one does have something like this happen to them, just contact your TA when you get home from your trip. When I told my TA about this problem he contacted princess and they gave us a $700.00 future cruise credit. It really wasn't needed, but it will come in handy when we book Alaska for 2010.;)

We just got back from hte cb last thursday. Great trip all in all. We had a problem on our second day a crew member cam to our state room and asked us to step back into the room. No problem. He looked into our bath room and stated that they needed to retile our bath room. What? we are at sea and they want to tile our bath room. Didnt make me the least bit happy. He said we had to be out of our room at 9 the next morning which was puerto rico. We didnt get off the ship there because it was to late to do what we had booked. So they gave us a key to another cabin and said to use that for the day. Basicly we didnt have access to our room. Has this happened to any one else?

If they had an extra cabin why didn't they leave yours vacant and give you the one that was available?

If any one does have something like this happen to them, just contact your TA when you get home from your trip. When I told my TA about this problem he contacted princess and they gave us a $700.00 future cruise credit. It really wasn't needed, but it will come in handy when we book Alaska for 2010.;)

Thanks for the update.

Great FCC!!!

:)

Enjoy your cruise!

:D

If they had an extra cabin why didn't they leave yours vacant and give you the one that was available?

Good Question.

The reason Princess is one of my favorite cruiselines is because they are always making the effort to keep the ship nice!

However, one of the reasons we like cruising is because there's no better rest other than while were cruising the high seas. My favorite place and time to nap is on a cruiseship! (I can't and don't do this anywhere else in my life!)

So, doing anything in my cabin, after I've had a nourishing breakfast/a brisk walk on the promenade and maybe a round of Bingo or Trivia..would be very distruptive to my "lazy daze" routine! ;)

I've cruised a fair amount and quite often we've had crew members approach us about doing in suite repairs and-or have asked crew

members to fix things

However to avoid our inconvience - and so as not to end up being unhappy (and thus feel necessary to post on cruise critic) we like

to set the ground rules with the crew not the other way around

(especially in the case of Butlers and Conceirges on lines like X

or NCL)

Next time I suggest saying 'sure come fix the tiles - but we're not

required to be out of the room period on x day at x time - this is

that day we'll be leaving early - you're more than welcome to

come do it then or not at all'

End of story

If not - at that time I would have called housing ASAP and I

would have held my ground period

IMO the tiling of a floor is NOT an emergency - it's cosmetic and it

did not require an emergency vacate of the room

In this regard Princess crew actions were a little too forward for my

liking and I can understand why the poster would be a little miffed

jc

toronto

I've cruised a fair amount and quite often we've had crew members approach us about doing in suite repairs and-or have asked crew

members to fix things

However to avoid our inconvience - and so as not to end up being unhappy (and thus feel necessary to post on cruise critic) we like

to set the ground rules with the crew not the other way around

(especially in the case of Butlers and Conceirges on lines like X

or NCL)

Next time I suggest saying 'sure come fix the tiles - but we're not

required to be out of the room period on x day at x time - this is

that day we'll be leaving early - you're more than welcome to

come do it then or not at all'

End of story

If not - at that time I would have called housing ASAP and I

would have held my ground period

IMO the tiling of a floor is NOT an emergency - it's cosmetic and it

did not require an emergency vacate of the room

In this regard Princess crew actions were a little too forward for my

liking and I can understand why the poster would be a little miffed

jc

toronto

Maybe off topic.....I'm curious, are you comparing Celebrity to NCL?

Let's see...we've had carpeting replaced. It was part of a total re-carpeting of the ship. We've had the furniture reupholstered...also part of a general ship wide project. And we've had our balcony painted and the rail varnished, more than once. We're never happy about it but it also never seems to be as big a disruption to our plans as we think it will be.

Maybe off topic.....I'm curious, are you comparing Celebrity to NCL?

I'm reading her/his post as comparing how they would tell the butler/concierge on NCL and Celebrity when they would allow the work to be done. I may be wrong but that is how I read it..not as a comparison between lines. :) We know there is NO comparison!;)

On our very recent HAL Prinsendam cruise, we received a notice in our cabin that they were turning off the toilet functions for our group of cabins for several hours the next day in order to do maintenance. We were off the ship anyway on tour so it never bothered us but if someone were planning to stay on the ship, they might have had a problem.

General maintenance is an ongoing process and all cruiselines do it. I think being given a key to another cabin to use while work was being done would be more than sufficient to make up for a minor inconvenience.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a down grade from our room. We booked a AA mini. The room they gave us the key to was a AD. They would have had to give money back for the down grade. I've never heard some one say they got a visit from the down grade fairy:D.

Archived