Vow Renewal Celebrity

NDBoat

I am sailing on the Solistice in November. We were married last year on a sailboat so I thought I might surprise hubby with a vow renewal. I see it costs extra to have the captain do it...anyone had the Celebrity vow renewal? How about the captain option? What did you think? It costs about $800 so that's a lot but my hubby had originally wanted to get married by the sailboat captain but it wasn't an option. Thanks for anyone's help!!

I am sailing on the Solistice in November. We were married last year on a sailboat so I thought I might surprise hubby with a vow renewal. I see it costs extra to have the captain do it...anyone had the Celebrity vow renewal? How about the captain option? What did you think? It costs about $800 so that's a lot but my hubby had originally wanted to get married by the sailboat captain but it wasn't an option. Thanks for anyone's help!!

When were you married? I believe that couples must be married for at least a year to be able to have a vow renewal.

I believe you get a few more items included in the more expensive package like a few pictures, engraved champagne flutes and gourmet breakfast for two. I believe the cost is $650.00 which is a little cheaper than the $800.00 you mentioned. Why don't you call Celebrity weddings and Katie can explain it all to you. She's great! Good luck!!

Its the $650 package...I just figured a few pictures (only 1 is included in that extra package...the other pictures is just of the ship) and some flowers in my hair like I did when we were married plus I assume they add on tax or 15% gratituity or something like they seem to do with everything. And we would have been married over a year at the point of the cruise. I can see what their package includes online...I'm just wondering if the ceremony itself is just not really well done by the captain? I already get breakfast in my stateroom with the package we have and I don't need champagne flutes...all the rest of the extras are sort of useless for me. I will have to call Celebrity to book it anyway so I guess I ask them if they have examples of what the ceremony is really like.

Archived