Atlantis Beach

appgirl

We will be going to Nassau in January with Carnival. I know the excursion is very expensive to Atlantis, especially when all I really want is a nice beach. Is the beach area around Atlantis free? Or would we be better off going to Blackbeard Cay? Any info would be appreciated.

We will be going to Nassau in January with Carnival. I know the excursion is very expensive to Atlantis, especially when all I really want is a nice beach. Is the beach area around Atlantis free? Or would we be better off going to Blackbeard Cay? Any info would be appreciated.

There's a public beach 2 doors down from Atlantis with a pathway next to the RIU.

You can rent chaise and umbrellas - an there are local vendors hawking drinks from milk containers and tupperware.

No food, no concessions, no restrooms.

But it's a beautiful beach.

In January, it may be too rough (or cold) to actually swim, and it could be closed due to weather conditions. This happens often in the winter months.

You may be better off at one of the hotel beaches at Cable Beach which if far calmer waters that time of year. Check out the threads about the Wyhdham at Cable Beach.

Archived