Recommendations for sea sickness tabs...

janem2

No need....just go to the main desk anytime you begin to worry about it and they'll give you some...BESIDES, you may not even feel the motion. <G>

I was so sure that it would affect me, and it didn't. In all my cruising, there's been just once and I learned that I really don't want to be in a high, front=facing cabin on the ship.

Just go and enjoy!!

Avomine tablets are the best for me!

They got me through a Force 12 on Oriana last November and Force 10 on Aurora in February!

I have taken them for 3 days in a row - but reducing to half a tablet twice a day. Still enjoyed my meals -and wine!

Did you know that a glass of champagne is very good for seasickness!

I buy Avomine in Boots the chemist.

I don't think p&o 'give you some'. So do buy them, only just under a fiver for a packet. Stugeon 15 was recommended to me by lots of cruisers when I asked the question before my first cruise. Been on 5 now, and have never felt sick, inc crossing the bay for Med, Canaries and East Med cruises.... but worth taking with you 'just in case' as a visit to ships dr will set you back over £50 for a sea sickness jab if you leave it too late,:eek:

Stugeron make you very sleepy, I used to take those when I was sailing a yacht. Still got queasy. I always got queasy when crossing the Channel, but I have done 3 cruises and not felt sick at all, even when it was a bit lumpy. I take crystalised ginger with me and I start eating a little on my way to the ship. Not had a problem yet.

I don't think p&o 'give you some'. So do buy them, only just under a fiver for a packet. Stugeon 15 was recommended to me by lots of cruisers when I asked the question before my first cruise. Been on 5 now, and have never felt sick, inc crossing the bay for Med, Canaries and East Med cruises.... but worth taking with you 'just in case' as a visit to ships dr will set you back over £50 for a sea sickness jab if you leave it too late,:eek:

Yes get some from your chemist - Boots sell Sturgeon 15

anyone that's really bad or worried can get the patches from your doctor..

i forget the name, not sturgeon but summat similar (anyone????), but BEWARE...they are very powerful! they aren't supposed to be taken with booze(??) and the ones i took last year made my eyesight go all blurry and i couldn't read the menu!! and i have perfect vision(have to cause of my job!!) mind you most waiters new my drink within a few days, so that could be the problem!!!!!!

Archived