Norwegian Wind or Pride of Aloha, Need help

craftsnvines

I am going back tO Hawaii for our anniversary and am having problems deciding which ship to take. I've heard so many mixed reviews about both ships, does anyone have any suggestions? It is in August, so I have plenty of time to decide. We were married in August in 2002 on the Star, but they don't cruise there anymore, I loved that ship, it was beautiful.

I wanted a balcony room, but I've heard that alot of the balcony rooms are obstructed views, and it wouldn't be worth my money, does anyone have any suggestions?

First, do you want sea days or do your want extensive port time? If you want port time, then go on the Aloha. Yes, there are balconies that are obstructed with life boats on the Wind. But, if you reserve far enough in advance, you can get the unobstructed views on the Wind.

We truly enjoyed our trip on the Wind and are looking forward to our cruise on the Aloha.

Shelly

I'm booked on Pride of Aloha for March 6, 2005. I booked this cruise because I wanted the most time at ports I could get. To me, I didn't want to spend the time I was in Hawaii with all the sea days going to and coming from Fanning Island. I purposely chose March for POA so that hopefully most of the kinks will be worked out of this refurnished ship, new itinerary and new staff. It sounds like a lot of improvements are being made, so I think it's going to be great! I'm not one to pick at a lot of the food issues that are being discussed. My main goal is to take advantage of the 90 hours we have on the Hawaiian islands during the cruise, in addition to the day on Honolulu before the cruise.

After the cruise, we've rented an apartment in a beach house on Kailua Beach on the east side of Oahu, so we'll have another week while we're in paradise. We're flying from the east coast, so wanted to stay for two weeks.

So it really depends if you want to spend your time while you're in Hawaii with extra days at sea or if you want to spend more time in the ports. I guess it also depends on how much time you plan to spend in your room. If you plan to be in your room a lot, then you'll probably want to compare the two ships' room sizes, balconies, etc. I basically use the room to shower and sleep, so that's not important to me.

I'm sure whichever you choose, you'll have a great time. After all, you'll be in HAWAII!!

Archived