Questions re guarantee cabin fare / allocation

kazda

I've just booked a 4 berth cabin on Plaza deck Category O. There's only 4 of these cabins in this category so I'm hoping for an upgrade.

I was looking at 2 x 2 berths in T category on Fiesta, but after seeing a great special for category O on Plaza deck with an online agent I made the booking as it was a deal too good to refuse, and as our last cruise was in april we really wern't looking at a cruise again this soon, but I can't resist a fantastic special, however we do realise you get what you pay for in terms of category.

The booking was at a guarantee, not quite sure what that mean't but the agent explained we would have a greater chance of getting an upgrade as was a guarantee booking.

Can somebody let me know when I should start checking on a daily basis the cruise personaliser to see what our cabin allocation is, should I start now or leave it for another month then start checking....

Also if a cabin is allocated soon, does that mean that we could then get an upgrade from that allocation or is it once we have a cabin allocation showing on our cruise personaliser that is then our assigned cabin.

(travelling on 3 OCtober)

Thanks

I've just booked a 4 berth cabin on Plaza deck Category O. There's only 4 of these cabins in this category so I'm hoping for an upgrade.

I was looking at 2 x 2 berths in T category on Fiesta, but after seeing a great special for category O on Plaza deck with an online agent I made the booking as it was a deal too good to refuse, and as our last cruise was in april we really wern't looking at a cruise again this soon, but I can't resist a fantastic special, however we do realise you get what you pay for in terms of category.

The booking was at a guarantee, not quite sure what that mean't but the agent explained we would have a greater chance of getting an upgrade as was a guarantee booking.

Can somebody let me know when I should start checking on a daily basis the cruise personaliser to see what our cabin allocation is, should I start now or leave it for another month then start checking....

Also if a cabin is allocated soon, does that mean that we could then get an upgrade from that allocation or is it once we have a cabin allocation showing on our cruise personaliser that is then our assigned cabin.

(travelling on 3 OCtober)

Thanks

Hi Kazda,

They will usually leave the allocation to a couple of weeks before sailing, which saves the shuffle of upgrade after upgrade. Yes, a great chance of an upgrade as they will continue to sell those special price guarantees till they have sold their allocation of cabins.

Upgrades to a significantly better located cabins (midships) are less likely with later bookings. Apart from the earlier bookings being in front on the upgrade queue, the few Cat M and Cat N midship cabins are more likely to have been taken by those booking specific cabins. The other Cat M cabins (x23) are in a similar location only a deck higher than Cat O.

I have my fingers crossed that you get a good one! :)

Hi Kazda,

On our Pacific Dawn cruise in February, we had booked a guarantee balcony on the recommendation of our T/A. We didn't have a cabin allocated to us, until 2 days before we sailed, only to find out we had been upgraded to a mini suite!! We checked the cruise personaliser daily from the time we received our tickets which was a couple of weeks before sailing date. Keep your fingers crossed and you never know!!

Sarah

Hi Kazda, we are on that cruise. :p Phil and I booked the T grade cabins and I am mad keen to see what they are like.

Have you joined our roll call? It is fairly pitiful, (not like the other I am in for Samoan Surprise with over 500 replies so far) but it would be lovely to have someone else join.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=610319

Not long to go now. 10 weeks, 5 days. Yay!!!!!

We had our cabin alocated about 4 weeks before the cruise then an upgrade turned up about 2 weeks before.

If a cruise has cabins empty towards the end of sale date then they are offered to Travel agents and their family/friends at rock bottom prices.

They get the cheaper cabins as they have paid the least and higher paying guests get the upgrade.

You may not get your cabin numbers until a few days before you sail so dont rock the boat because you can only get better on a garantee.

Den

Archived