LIVE from Barcelona!

CeleBrat

Hi guys!

Free internet at our Barcelona Hotel, so I couldn't resist a quick check-in.

Barcelona is such a COOL city. Lots of fun things to do, and so far we have seem: La Familia Sagrida, the "Cathedral" church, Park Guelle, the waterfront, Las Ramblas with the living statues, National Museum, and eaten lots and lots of ice cream.

The kids are faring quite well considering they are so young and this is their first trip to Europe. Jet lag really didn't effect them as they were "tricked" by the overnight flight and waking up with daylight when we landed. We are having trouble in the food department as there is no such thing as a kids menu here, and even less kid-friendly food. Now granted, my kids are super picky eaters and wouldn't want veal skewers, paella, or baked breads with pork/tomato/brie. So, we have resorted to allowing them to eat french fries as their meal :eek:

Thank goodness we are off to the cruise ship tomorrow so we can find corn, chicken nuggets, mac-n-cheese, and FRESH FRUIT! I have threatened them that they must eat 2 serving of veggies at each meal to make up for their french fry/ice cream diet the last few days.

For those who are curious, we did bring our booster seat for my DD-5, and have been using it in the cabs. We did not use it on the plane due to the lap belt. Also, while on the transatlantic flight, they did make a point to announce that non-approved child seats were not allowed to be used on the plane. Just an FYI.

Lastly--my kids have been quite the "spectacle" here in Spain. They both have super-light blonde hair, and many, many people have sighed "Ohhhh" as they walked by and then couldn't resist patting my kids on the head. It's funny-but the kids are used to it now.

Well--we're off to the NCL Gem tomorrow. YAHOO!

Bon Voyage!

CeleBrat

The kids are faring quite well considering they are so young and this is their first trip to Europe. Jet lag really didn't effect them as they were "tricked" by the overnight flight and waking up with daylight when we landed. We are having trouble in the food department as there is no such thing as a kids menu here, and even less kid-friendly food. Now granted, my kids are super picky eaters and wouldn't want veal skewers, paella, or baked breads with pork/tomato/brie. So, we have resorted to allowing them to eat french fries as their meal :eek:

Thank goodness we are off to the cruise ship tomorrow so we can find corn, chicken nuggets, mac-n-cheese, and FRESH FRUIT! I have threatened them that they must eat 2 serving of veggies at each meal to make up for their french fry/ice cream diet the last few days.

CeleBrat

Hi, CeleBrat. I had to smile while reading your post about finding food for your kids. We were on the Celebrity Summit cruise from Venice-Barcelona in June. Our 7 year old DD is a super picky eater, too. I'm embarassed to say that we bought her a McDonalds happy meal at the McDonalds just off of St. Mark's Square in Venice for lunch. The rest of us (including our 11 year old DD) had yummy caprese sandwiches, but there was no way I was going to get the 7 year old to try those.

Have fun and keep posting when you can.

--Junglejane

Archived