Info for kids & finicky eater requested

atlasali

Does anyone have recent kid's menus? I'd like to share those with "never cruised NCL" friends and their children who are on the same cruise?

Also does NCL offer alternative choices to the nightly menu if you do not find something that sounds good to eat? Princess offered a steak, fettuccini, and grilled chicken nightly as alternate dinner choices.

Can't help with the kids' menus.

But in the main dining rooms, the always-available items are: chicken, salmon, steak, and a pasta (I think tortellini?). You can also always get a caesar salad as an appetizer.

(This was on the Dawn, in June.)

Thank you for the always available menu info. Although I never actually needed those choices while on the Pearl, later it occured to me that I had not seen the option.

I am still looking for kid's menus...

I don't have a menu, but I can comment on what was available in every restaurant on the Dawn: mac n cheese, chicken fingers, pizza, spaghetti, burgers, and dogs. In the Garden Cafe on the Dawn they have a kids cafe (small buffet and small chairs and tables) which included all of the above except spaghetti, but also had assorted sandwiches. I took some pictures of the kids cafe on our 2005 Dawn cruise. Link to pics is in my signautre.

The kids menu on the Spirit included hamburgers, hotdogs, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, pasta, fries, onion rings, salads, fruit, desserts and drinks were always included for the kids at dinner - juice, milk, lemonade

You could always have a steak or chicken in the dining room.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich was on the kids' menu, as well, if that helps. :)

For the peanut butter and jelly sandwich idea alone I am looking forward to the cruise. My children do not like them but I do :D . They can have the hot dogs

My husband and son are the pickiest eaters on the planet (plain meat & potatoes--no fish or veggies, thank you). One of the reasons we love cruises is everyone has no problem finding what they like to eat at every meal. Don't forget that you can also eat in the buffet, and the grill by the pool is open 23 hours a day.

Another thing that's fun about cruises is you can try new stuff without having to pay for it. So if you don't like it, you don't have to eat more than a taste. When my son was 6, he got the courage to order a chilled blueberry yogurt soup...and loved it! He would never have ordered it off a regular menu.

On our first cruise, our son (then 4) was on a buttered noodles kick. The staff had no problem getting this for him, even though it wasn't on the menu--they always have pasta on the menu, so it was just a matter of serving it plain with some butter.

Archived