La quinta at 8710 seawall

stellatj

It's a lovely hotel and fairly new as hotels go. Your not right in the middle of things but Galveston is small so it isn't a big deal. Don't hesitate to stay there it is very nice and really clean and the staff very friendly. If you continue west down seawall you will find public access to the beaches that are surrounded by the new beach homes, worth taking the time. The further west you go the beaches are less crowded and cleaner. Have a wonderful time. Try lunch or dinner at Woody's or maybe it's Woodrows, a fun place and it is beach side. When you head back east down seawall try out The Spot restarrant on 37th or 39th and seawall good food and a great view of the gulf.

Julie

Stellatj, we stayed at The other La Quinta at 1200 Seawall Blvd and it was nasty and terrible, Drunks, Drugs and Noise, The One your talking about Id have reservations, Me and Dw have been staying at The Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort on seawall Blvd and it's facing the Ocean with Balcony and a nice Bar by the street looking at the Sea we ahve been staying there for 4 Cruises now!1 Heres their number direct, Spek with Latonya and tell her I reccomended you she may give you a discount!! Heres The number 409-762-4141, Me and Dw got a King Size Room for $85.00 for Friday and Saturday night in September this year, Eat at Landrys Seafood restaurant on seawall Blvd. And its about a $7.00 to $12.00 Taxi ride,but They also have the free Shuttle and you can leave your car in the back secured parking lot for free if you drive down!!!;) E-mail me if you want and Ill give you more detailed info on galveston, weve cruised out of there for 8 years now!! Good luck!!

The La Quinta she is talking about is great, it isn't real close to the terminal but I believe it has a shuttle. I go to Galveston 2-3 time a year and I have stayed up and down the seawall and have never felt uneasy. It is a beach - tourist community so there are some very colorful and shady characters in galveston. 1. Don't go out alone at night 2. Be smart about who you talk to

3.Be aware of you surroundings 4. Use the same good judgement you would use anywhere you travel to.5. Stay with your friends and family don't go off alone. If you haven't noticed the seawall, strand and cruise terminal areas highly patrolled. The hotel in Question is a smart choice.

Julie

I stayed at this La Quinta in June, and highly recommend it. It's not a 5 star hotel, but it's definitely a good place to stay. They do have a shuttle to the cruise terminal, and you can park for free at the hotel during your cruise. The hotel is on the western edge of Galveston, and you pretty much have to drive to go anywhere, but that's nothing major.

It is across the street from the beach (as almost all hotels in Galveston are). Like Julie said, there are some really good public beaches just a couple of miles west of the hotel, and well worth the drive.

Enjoy your trip!

Archived