Questions: NYC Terminal????

CTMak

Veteran cruiser, though never sailed out of NYC. We are on the 8/4 Victory sailing to Canada. Driving down from Connecticut. Any problems with parking at the pier? We plan to get there between 12 and 1. Also, should we drop our guests off and then park or just park and all go to the ship? Any other hints/suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks!

CTMak

Veteran cruiser, though never sailed out of NYC. We are on the 8/4 Victory sailing to Canada. Driving down from Connecticut. Any problems with parking at the pier? We plan to get there between 12 and 1. Also, should we drop our guests off and then park or just park and all go to the ship? Any other hints/suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks!

CTMak

HI! We have always cruised out of NYC.. Trying getting there by 11am.. Most of the time... barring any unforeseen delays you can be on board by 12 or 1pm...

Parking is right on the roof...its pretty busy so go straight to the parking lot. Once you unload the car you can get into an elevator down to the main terminal and porters will be there to hand off your luggage..

The NYC Terminial is usually a breeze.. so have a great cruise!

We have cruised 2x out of NYC. My dh drops us and luggage off first. He then parks.We wait inside for him and then proceed through. 1st time we got there after 1 and was backed up once we got inside. This time we got there about 12:45 and was a breeze to get on. The only thing to keep on mind about NYC parking is you pay 1st. They take credit cards. It cost $150 for the 5 days.

OH this time we parked on the roof at next door terminal. Last time we parked on the ramp leading to parking. It was gated so car was safe inside. They did have people who came later park there this time also.

Have a great time! We did.

Just a heads up.....on July 12 getting to the peer I believe it was 52nd street takes you to the terminal it was blocked off getting across. We then had to make a turn where we didn't want to. We had to do a lot of driving around to get back to the terminal. The same thing happened when we were being picked up the road leading straight down to the peer was closed off. Don't know what is going on but they have traffic cops blocking the turning areas. Hopefully you won't encounter this it was a huge pain in the ass.

EWS your welcome. Depending on how you get into the city makes a diff. how to go. what route do you plan on. If their is a lot of traffic they will make you take 59th st. witch is the best way if you are heading west into the city anyway. and no toll on 59th st bridge. If your taking the lincon tunnel you might be able to take 12ave to 55st. and u-turn. if your taking GW to west side hwy. you can't miss. once again only ship in port traffic should be light.

We are driving down from CT so we'll be (eventually) on the West Side highway. A little concerned about the closure on July 12. Having to turn around would be a big pain in the butt.

West side hwy. best rte. less traffic. Have a great time. also When you go up the ramp drop off the luggage and passengers at the curb as already stated. Then go up to the parking area on the roof of the terminal. then go down and meet your group on line in the terminal. Enjoy yourselfs.

your welcome, Another thought I haven't gone into the city from the Geo. washington in a few years. they may have changed ramps around with all the construction thats been done. If you post a question on the east coast departure board someone from Conn. may give you exact directions to the pier from Conn. As I remember when u cross the bridge stay right and first exit says Manhatten get off and its a straight ride to the pier.

your welcome, Another thought I haven't gone into the city from the Geo. washington in a few years. they may have changed ramps around with all the construction thats been done. If you post a question on the east coast departure board someone from Conn. may give you exact directions to the pier from Conn. As I remember when u cross the bridge stay right and first exit says Manhatten get off and its a straight ride to the pier.

Thanks again. Actually from the GW Bridge, depends if you are crossing on the upper or lower levels (upper you stay right for Manhattan; Lower stay to the left.) But I'm coming from CT not NJ and getting to the pier is not a problem (we go to the city all the time.) I was focusing more on when you get to the pier and suggestions for process. Dropping pax off at the curb with luggage, then parking the car and meeting them is just the kind of thing I was looking for.

CT Mak

Archived