NY Liquor Stores

resstation

We are flying into NY and staying overnight before our Oct 5th cruise on the CB. I would love to bring a bottle of Pouilly Fuisse with us (UNLESS SOMEONE CAN TELL ME THEY HAVE IT ONBOARD!) I'm not even going to try to pack it in my luggage.

What's our best bet? Does anyone know of a liquore store that doesn't charge an arm and a leg near the port? Or in Times Square for that matter. That's where we are staying the night before. I know there are probably hundreds of liquore stores in the area - I'm just trying to find out if there are any particular ones that "crusies" go.

I believe there is Pouilly-Fuisse on the wine list, but I'm not 100% positive.

Nearest the pier is LeNell's, it's on Van Brunt, not far from the Fairway Market. I don't know how extensive their selection of French wines is, but they are a great choice for some lesser-known and organic labels. My Brooklyn cousins have patronized Smith & Vine for years; they're further from the pier, on Smith Street if I recall correctly, which is some blocks north of the BQE. They're a full-service place,with a huge selection. You should be able to Google both shops to find addresses/stock lists.

http://www.google.com/search?q=liquor+stores+11201&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

this has all the really good liquor stores in the area(and some not so good ones) Towne Liquor is my personal favorite. The pier is in 11231. LeNells has a website and is a lovely place to stop but their wine selection is eclectic to say the least.

Towne and Smith and Vine will be "reasonable" with Towne maybe a little more reasonable.

http://www.lenells.com/

To find all the liquor stores in any zip code google liquor stores and the zip code....

There are indeed, loads of places in Manhattan as well. Larger places, like Union Square Wines and Spirits, have a pretty comprehensive website that you can browse.

If you need more information, just ask. There are loads of New Yorkers on this board who can help you out.

We are flying into NY and staying overnight before our Oct 5th cruise on the CB. I would love to bring a bottle of Pouilly Fuisse with us (UNLESS SOMEONE CAN TELL ME THEY HAVE IT ONBOARD!) I'm not even going to try to pack it in my luggage.

What's our best bet? Does anyone know of a liquore store that doesn't charge an arm and a leg near the port? Or in Times Square for that matter. That's where we are staying the night before. I know there are probably hundreds of liquore stores in the area - I'm just trying to find out if there are any particular ones that "crusies" go.

Gramercy Wine & Spirits - 104 E 23RD St

Warehouse Wines and Liquors - Broadway between Astor Place and Waverly Place

Hey, res, here's a link to a photo of the wine list -- it's from someone's Panama Canal cruise, but the lists are pretty much the same on every ship. It shows Pouilly-Fuisse available, just as I recalled. So this may save you an excursion to the liquor store!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2344023750079335670fITRns

FANTASTIC! Thank you. Nice wine list. I'm sure it couldn't hurt to bring a couple more bottles with us. LOL

Archived