Dont want upgrade can MSC make us take it?

pkw

We booked an aft balcony room 9 months ago and chose the cabin that we wanted. We have just found out that because it is a quad room (we didn't know this when booking) they need it for someone else and are trying to give us an upgrade which we dont want as it is not at the back and has obstructed views.

Can MSC make us take the upgrade or can we insist on the original room we booked?

We did make the booking wtih a Travel Agent so they are trying to see what they can do but I find people on this forum have more of an idea sometimes.

Thanking you in advance.

PKW

I would not have thought so either but your TA will need to find this out for you or read the terms and conditions applicable for where you made the booking (Ie presume the US site). Normally when they offer upgrades people jump at the chance. If you are on the Lirica, if you hold out, maybe they'll go up to a cat 11 with their offer (that would be a suite and definitely worth considering) Not so familiar with the Orchestra cabin grades to know whether a 2 category upgrade would make much aof a difference in cabin facilities or not.

I know that when I book in the UK, they do one of 2 things - tell me what cabins are available, I pick the cabin and that has always been the one I got; the other times it is just category guaranteed which means they have to give me a cabin of that category or higher.

I too have reserved an aft cabin on the orchestra on deck nine. I would be not accept an upgrade unless it was for a suite with a much larger balcony such as 15022 or 15023. Certainly not a cabin with an obstructed view.

We are already 3 in the cabin so I expect everything will be fine.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

Archived