Pacific Sun N833 sept 20th 2008 here we come!!!

chelle40

hi all,

this will be our first cruise ever and also my 40th birthday on board...travelling with friends, favourite cousin and my 19 yr old daughter.

trying to find fellow passengers to chat with and then meet up with on the ship for a birthday drink :)

Cant wait........... should be an absolute blast!!!!!!

Hi, My Mum (60) and I (30) are on the cruise before your crew, so we will wave as we go past. We looked at the cruise for the 20th but it was too close to Grand Final Day (disembarkation) given we have to fly back to Melbourne and Perth. Also School Holidays a factor. So hope you have a great cruise and I'm planning on doing a review though it won't be in time for you guys. The feedback I have recieved from this site has been fantastic. Are you going to Sth Pacific or Nth Qld? Am assuming you're going out of Brisvegas on Pacific Sun on 20th.

hi all,

this will be our first cruise ever and also my 40th birthday on board...travelling with friends, favourite cousin and my 19 yr old daughter.

trying to find fellow passengers to chat with and then meet up with on the ship for a birthday drink :)

Hi Michelle,

This is our roll call for the 20th September cruise :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=791400

Would love to join you for a birthday drink!

Glenda

Mum and I are doing the Sth Pacific 7 day from Brisvegas, are your port stops the week after ours the same?

We are doing Noumea, Lifou and Vila?

Cheers

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

They are the very same ones. You will love it.

Glenda

hi all,

Hi Chelle40,

Congratulations on booking your first cruise.....I'm sure you will absolutely LOVE...IT..my DH and I were on the Pacific Sun last year and couldn't fault anything..food.. service.. weather..it was all great!!

We have booked our next cruise for Dec on the Rhapsody Of The Seas which will also be for my 40th birthday... 68' was a good year:D

Although my birthday is in August we decided to wait till Dec to go..as the kids will be nearly finished school for the year(they don't seem to do much the last week or so).

So from one nearly 40yr old to another..have a fantastic cruise and birthday..what a great way to celebrate.. the cocktails are yummy...yummy...yummy.

Oh...by the way ..do you realise that 40 is the new 30!!!;) :D :D

Regards Sandie:)

Hi, yes we are coming on same cruise. We are 3 families, 4 cabins in total and bringing my son 19, and 2 close mates both 18, glad to see at least one other older teenager, hoping its not tooo absolutely choc a block with small running screaming children.:)

Hi, yes we are coming on same cruise. We are 3 families, 4 cabins in total and bringing my son 19, and 2 close mates both 18, glad to see at least one other older teenager, hoping its not tooo absolutely choc a block with small running screaming children.:)

They have a certain quota of children on each cruise and kids are kept quite busy most of the time. Loads of activities, kids club etc. But having never been on a school holiday cruise, I may eat my words!

I think the quota is 400 all up which is not a lot when there is almost 2000 passengers on board.

Ahh... all you lucky people. Just so you all know, in case you haven't been notified yet... all P & O Cruises out of Brisbane will be leaving at 2pm, not 3pm... this is after the 20th September, 2008. Quota for the 27th September cruise for children is full so if you are travelling with kids then, they will have a ball!!

Our cruise last December on the Pac Sun was immediately before the school holidays, and we were told they had a 'kids sail free with adults' deal. There were a lot of kids on board, but they didn't cause any problems. The pool was always full of kids, and the queue for the waterslide was very long. I don't object to this in the slightest, after all it is their holiday as well as mine and it was great to see them enjoying themselves.:):)

never fear i believe there is a "child-free" deck lol

They have a certain quota of children on each cruise and kids are kept quite busy most of the time. Loads of activities, kids club etc. But having never been on a school holiday cruise, I may eat my words!

I think the quota is 400 all up which is not a lot when there is almost 2000 passengers on board.

just a question for you as you seem to be a seasoned cruiser....do we need ant vaccinations to travel on this cruise to noumea, lifou and vila??

i think the answer is no but one of my friends thought we did....help!!!!

just a question for you as you seem to be a seasoned cruiser....do we need ant vaccinations to travel on this cruise to noumea, lifou and vila??

Generally no === just your normal vaccinations that we have (supposedly routinely) in Australia!

Make sure your Tetanus/Diptheria is up-to-date ... basically.

Some chose to hava flu vaccine before they go (but that depends on when they go and if the new vaccine has been released, etc).

(Unless there's been an outbreak of anything I guess). Just check with your GP before you go I guess is the best suggestion - but to date, we haven't had to have anything extra.:)

Hi Michelle,

Nope not really what I would call a seasoned cruiser, just read the CC forums and my knowledge has grown from all the knowledgeable people on here.

As Lou Lou has said basically no need for Vaccinations.

Just when on board follow the handwash rules for Noro virus. which is basically when you go to eat you will be given a splash of hand sanitiser before and if you use the toilets other than the one in your cabin use paper towel when opening the door. If you get noro you will be confined to your cabin and that would not be fun on a cruise at all.

Glenda

Our cruise last December on the Pac Sun was immediately before the school holidays, and we were told they had a 'kids sail free with adults' deal. There were a lot of kids on board, but they didn't cause any problems. The pool was always full of kids, and the queue for the waterslide was very long. I don't object to this in the slightest, after all it is their holiday as well as mine and it was great to see them enjoying themselves.:):)

We usually travel in school holidays and i am always sure they must lock the kids up somewhere as there never seems to be that many on board.

They are kept busy and yes as mentioned there is always the adult areas.

On the sun princess they also had the main pool designated for different ages at different times(always posted) eg kids, teens plus the adult only pool.

A lot of adults (me included) just sat in the shallow water in the runoff pool. Ahh bliss, but then I dont mind hearing kids have fun and splashing around

Hi Michelle,

Nope not really what I would call a seasoned cruiser, just read the CC forums and my knowledge has grown from all the knowledgeable people on here.

As Lou Lou has said basically no need for Vaccinations.

Just when on board follow the handwash rules for Noro virus. which is basically when you go to eat you will be given a splash of hand sanitiser before and if you use the toilets other than the one in your cabin use paper towel when opening the door. If you get noro you will be confined to your cabin and that would not be fun on a cruise at all.

Glenda

thanks for the info...i had never heard of noro until now and i definately dont want to be confined to cabin......see you there

hi chell40 me and 2 other mates will be on the same cruise u are. sounds like we are going to have great time.

yes it certainly does....we cant wait...go add your name to roll call and to glendas meet and greet ...see you there :)

cheers

michelle

Archived