Island Princess Covered Mini Suite

Travelrd

I'm planning a Panama Canal cruise on the Island and want a covered mini suite. Can someone who has stayed in one recommend a location for me please? I don't want one where I might have to look out to my right or left and see people on their balcony because their balcony sticks out farther than mine. I know with the cutouts on this ship, that can happe

Thanks.

Thanks Marilynl. This is a great help to me. Have you sailed on the Island or Coral in a mini suite? Any recommendations?

Yes I have sailed the Coral five times. Just this past may I did a B2B2B to Alaska and was in D706 and it was wonderful. The only thing wrong and I certainly would not say it was terrible was the walk from that cabin to the Horizon Ct. which on the Coral/Island ships is in the front.:D It certainly helped me to not gain weight on that trip because of the walking back and forth. I would highly recommend that cabin because in the aft of the ship it is very quiet. In fact if you look at the deck plans all of those rooms whether starboard or port side are great.

Marilyn

The aft dolphin deck minis are also close to the aft public viewing deck (hardly ever used), which is a wonderful place to watch the locks close behind you in the Panama Canal. Note that the aft most cabin has an uncovered and slightly smaller balcony (but nice panoramic view behind the ship).

We did the full transit on the Coral earlier this year in B228 which was fully covered - forward. I was a little apprehensive about being that far forward, and still don't understand why the AA minis are there - but it was fine, we loved it and the Coral.

• 3 months later...
Yes I have sailed the Coral five times. Just this past may I did a B2B2B to Alaska and was in D706 and it was wonderful. The only thing wrong and I certainly would not say it was terrible was the walk from that cabin to the Horizon Ct. which on the Coral/Island ships is in the front.:D It certainly helped me to not gain weight on that trip because of the walking back and forth. I would highly recommend that cabin because in the aft of the ship it is very quiet. In fact if you look at the deck plans all of those rooms whether starboard or port side are great.

Marilyn

Marilyn thanks you for the info, we are in D710 on the IP. We loved the Coral so we are sure we will love the IP. Do you have any pictures of the cabin please

Many thnaks

i just returned home today from my 10 day mexican riviera cruise on the star princess from san francisco. i booked the island princess for april 19, 2010 and booked cabin d706 per marilyn's recommendation. thank you all again.

North you are going to love that room. In fact next April 10 I will be on the Coral in room D708. I wanted 706 but alas it was taken. Have a great cruise.

Marilyn

Marilyn thanks you for the info, we are in D710 on the IP. We loved the Coral so we are sure we will love the IP. Do you have any pictures of the cabin please

Many thnaks

Sorry do not have pics of the room but as I stated in the above post. D710 is in a great area. I will have D708 next year on the Coral. Just be prepared for a lot of walking although that is a good thing as all that food on the ship makes me not gain so much weight.:D

Marilyn

We did the full transit on the Coral earlier this year in B228 which was fully covered - forward. I was a little apprehensive about being that far forward, and still don't understand why the AA minis are there - but it was fine, we loved it and the Coral.

Has anyone an opinion on the AA mini-suites? Should I change?

Archived