Piraeus/Athens to Rome

I'm wanting to travel from Piraeus/Athens to Rome and would like to take a more scenic route via train (depending how complicated and how time-intensive it is) instead of traveling by air. The least complicated the better since I'll have my post-cruise luggage with me.

Has anyone done this or can offer any advice? The Rail Europe website isn't that user friendly (or maybe I'm just doing it wrong).

Thanks!

There is a fast local subway/train that runs between downtown Athens and Pireaus. Its about a 15 min walk from the ship to the station (its all flat).

Hank

Hank,

Either you are missreading the OP, or I am. Sounds to me like they want to get from Pireaus/Athens TO ROME by train. I can't imagine that being a simple trip.

I don't see that a train from Athens to Rome is available. You might try the train from Athens to Patras, the ferry from Patras to Bari, then a train from Bari to Rome.

Archived