Favorite Picture of All Time

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

NOW THAT IS A TRUE SURVIVOR, GOD LOVE HER!!!

Not to mention, Drew B, you had great weather in Alaska!

The first set of pics I posted a few days back were from September 2007, and the weather was very spotty. Both Juneau and Ketchikan had torrential rain, and Skagway had drizzle.

The three pics I posted yesterday are from May 2008, and the weather was incredible. Every port we visited, the locals said it was the first day that season that they saw the sun. We were very fortunate in that respect. The cruise had mechanical issues, though, and we had to miss a couple of ports. About half of the passengers were IRATE. I didn't understand why they couldn't be grateful for how lucky we were to get the ports we DID hit with such glorious weather...

Your pic is beautiful. We are thinking of taking this tour- but we will be docking in Cozumel and have heard that the trip is long.

Where did you dock when you took this tour? If from Cozumel, what did you think of the commute?

thanks

I know that you asked this of someone else, but I will share my experience. I would not have done it if I'd known this.

We had absolutely NO TIME in Cozumel and I've never been there. I had no idea that they would put us on a ferry for a ONE HOUR ride and then we boarded buses for another 1.5 hour ride, which stopped off at a hut so we would buy Aztec souvenir stuff. A couple of hours at Tulum (nice, but hotter than Hades) and another 1.5 hour bus ride to get to the 1 hour ferry ride. Day was OVER. Had to board ship without seeing Coz.

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Gail you shared this with me over on the Coz board when I was questioning how much ability it took to do the Royal Swim--made me cry then and makes me cry now! So very precious. You are a blessed family.

BTW I booked my Royal swim that day!:D

Loving everyones pictures! One of my favorites is also my avatar--swimming with the stingrays!! But I'll try to find another good one and post it.

This is so much fun.

I can't get this to work - I click on the mountain thingy but then have to cut and past the URL??? Doesn't want to work for me from snapfish. Any ideas?

I don't use Snapfish, so I can't help you.

I can't get this to work - I click on the mountain thingy but then have to cut and past the URL??? Doesn't want to work for me from snapfish. Any ideas?

Open a photobucket account. It's really easy to use. Upload your pictures from your computer there, then right click on that picture and copy the properties into the box that pops up when you hit the "mountain thingy" here. Hope that helps. :)

I've got the same shot! It's in Nassau.

Nassau.jpg

How fun it's been to admire all these photos. I've never been on a Carnival cruise, but I'll sneak in this one of Santorini, taken while on a Celebrity Mediterranean cruise.

Santorini.jpg

I have the same pic too!!!! I remember thinking it was so fun that the house was painted pink!!! It does look much better in white!!!!!!

Cruise219.jpg?t=1217447614

I have the same pic too!!!! I remember thinking it was so fun that the house was painted pink!!! It does look much better in white!!!!!!

Though I havn't been there myself, I'm fairly certain the white building was in Santorini, not in Nassau. Two different places entirely! ;) :D So it is probably still pink!

Though I havn't been there myself, I'm fairly certain the white building was in Santorini, not in Nassau. Two different places entirely! ;) :D So it is probably still pink!

If it's not the same house, they're exact duplicates. No biggie either way, just interesting...

I don't know if it's been sold, but it recently received a new paint job. (I can't see the for sale sign on my picture)

GloryNassauandAtlantis133.jpg

This picture was taken last Dec.from the deck of Glory.

Jerry

You are not comparing the correct houses. When people refer to the pink house being repainted white, they mean the white house above.

If it's not the same house, they're exact duplicates. No biggie either way, just interesting...

Not only would the house be a duplicate, so would the shoreline and scenery....*L*

It is the same house. The other poster was just looking at the wrong "white" house.

First, thanks to the OP for the great thread, and a million thanks to all who have shared such great pictures! wow...that's all...just wow.

One of my favorites (I, like others, have several) Grand Cayman, Miracle, June of 2006 (date on pic is incorrect). Got woken up by anchor and was really ticked, until I walked out on my balcony to see this sunrise...

8-22-2006-299.jpg.d1b37074f6ba630f95b393587a567bcc.jpg

You can get whatever kind of drink you want in it.... that one has a margarita! Let the good times begin! :D

29 more days until my next DOD :D (but who's counting???)

How much are those carnival tail/drink of the day glasses? I love them!

I absolutely LOVE this Thread. Everyone's pictures has given me an escape while sitting here at work. I can't wait until my own cruise is here. So a BIG Thanks to all of you for helping me pass the time during the working hours!