Rental car companies that shuttle to Miami Port

gr82cu2

Can anyone tell me the names of any car rental companies that shuttle to the port in Miami? We are flying into FLL (free tix, yeah!) and if we can rent a car at FLL and return near the port in Miami the next day that would be great. Thanks!!

We are also flying into FLL and sailing from POM, we rented through Avis, they have an office near the POM and if they don't offer a shuttle we will hop a cab. Hope this helps.

ditto for us. I think someone said it was about a $10 cab ride

We do this all the time and it works out great! A year ago we rented with Thrifty/Dollar (same location) and both had a free shuttle to the port. Enjoy your cruise

That's perfect, thanks!! I like to rent from Dollar.....more frequent flyer points, LOL.

Can anyone tell me the names of any car rental companies that shuttle to the port in Miami? We are flying into FLL (free tix, yeah!) and if we can rent a car at FLL and return near the port in Miami the next day that would be great. Thanks!!

Hertz...they will shuttle you to miami port..

just make the reservaton for drop off at

miami downtown hertz station

786-425-2515

pixel.gifpixel.gif

We are also flying into FLL and sailing from POM, we rented through Avis, they have an office near the POM and if they don't offer a shuttle we will hop a cab. Hope this helps.

Ditto, easy in & out, friendly agents, always a pleasant experience. When we drop the car off at the Avis office we hop a cab and we're at our terminal in minutes. Free shuttles are nice, just hate waiting for them and stopping at everyone elses terminal before they reach mine.

Need to know which airport or our you talking about downtown???

Laura

At the downtown drop offs. If I drop off the car at Hertz downtown, are there cabs readily available to take you to the port.

At the downtown drop offs. If I drop off the car at Hertz downtown, are there cabs readily available to take you to the port.

I would think that if you could not find a cab right there, then you could always grab one at the InterContinental or at Bayside. Both are very close to the office.

Laura

We do this all the time and it works out great! A year ago we rented with Thrifty/Dollar (same location) and both had a free shuttle to the port. Enjoy your cruise

Where did you drop the rental off? Was is a location close to the port? We used Budget last year & they didn't offer a shuttle from their downtown location. It was very confusing to find. My husband dropped us off at the terminal & had a hard time finding his way to the office, even though it was only a few miles away.

The Thrifty rental center is located off-site at MIA airport. They will shuttle you to/from both the pier (about 10-12 minutes) and the MIA airport (5 min) for no charge (just tip the driver who helps with luggage).

We have done this twice and it works out very well. Just make sure you are waiting for the right shuttle. We once saw a couple who waited with us in line for 15 min. only to find we were going to the pier and they wanted the airport. :eek: 3 shuttles for the airport had already left while they were waiting.

If you plan on picking up at this location join the 'Blue chip' program, there is a special line and it goes much faster.

Archived