Taxi service

Odoyal Rulez

Quick question: how easy is it to get a taxi at the Miami port? Me and my ol lady will be taking a taxi to the port..and dont know if theres a line of them there to pick you up when the ship docks...or if you need to arrange ahead of time to get one there? Or maybe a bus service? Want to make sure we can get back to miami without a car ..thanks guys.

Taxis are everywhere in Miami and readily available.

Just make sure you negotiate the price before hand. There are fixed rates to the airport if you are going there.

Catrin

Hey! Thought I'd chime in b/c I'm on a roll with posting tonight. :) Taxis at the port are lined up - you won't have a problem at all. If you DO want a car service, I always use Infinity Transportation - they are there waiting on you as soon as you step off the boat and are the most reasonable car service I've found in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. Good people!

But the other poster is right, be sure to ask up front before they put your bags in the car how much they are going to charge you.... only the airport(s) are fixed rates (like $21)... everything else is negotiable. In Miami, if you don't ask before you get in the car, they will charge you whatever they want, and they will all tell you the exact same prices, so no need to hop over to another cab. :) Think they are all in Kahootz with each other!!

Enjoy!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Hey! Thought I'd chime in b/c I'm on a roll with posting tonight. :) Taxis at the port are lined up - you won't have a problem at all. If you DO want a car service, I always use Infinity Transportation - they are there waiting on you as soon as you step off the boat and are the most reasonable car service I've found in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. Good people!

But the other poster is right, be sure to ask up front before they put your bags in the car how much they are going to charge you.... only the airport(s) are fixed rates (like $21)... everything else is negotiable. In Miami, if you don't ask before you get in the car, they will charge you whatever they want, and they will all tell you the exact same prices, so no need to hop over to another cab. :) Think they are all in Kahootz with each other!!

Enjoy!!!

Hi their, can you help me out too or someone?:DWhat is the Infinity Transportation, are they expensive, do you contact them before your cruise for their service, and how could I get a hold of them? My family of nine is leaving next week on our cruise out of Miami and need help deciding on the best transportation from airport to port and back we should take. Also you guys mentioned if we take a taxi we should ask for the price they are charging before they load our luggage. So what is a good price they will offer from Miami airport to port for nine people?:)

Usually taxi cabs as well as shuttle services and limo services all have pre-set prices, or a meter in their cars (taxis).

If you will be taking a limo or a shuttle, most definitely get a price before you let them load your luggage.

Plenty of taxis lined up at the Port of Miami, you should not have a problem.

Hi their, can you help me out too or someone?:DWhat is the Infinity Transportation, are they expensive, do you contact them before your cruise for their service, and how could I get a hold of them? My family of nine is leaving next week on our cruise out of Miami and need help deciding on the best transportation from airport to port and back we should take. Also you guys mentioned if we take a taxi we should ask for the price they are charging before they load our luggage. So what is a good price they will offer from Miami airport to port for nine people?:)

Hi there! Infinity Transportation is a company I have been using for years in South Florida - they are always on time and have been the best for prices for car services & limos that I have found! You can get a quote online at http://www.infinitytransportation.com . I'll be using them in 2 weeks to pick up from FLL to the miami port and then back to FLL! Pretty reasonable for the car service (like a town car) but for 9 people, you could spring for a limo! :D We got a limo this time for 4 of us, and it's roughly $125 each way. Last time we did a taxi from FLL it was around $80 so this was a great deal! They pick up at MIA also, and would be relatively cheap. Taxis, last I remember, from MIA to the port were $21 flat fee (may have gone up with gas prices?????) and sounds like you'd need maybe 2 taxis. The last poster is right, taxis are lined up at both the airport and the port, so you wouldn't have a problem. The nice part about the car service though, is that they are waiting on you when you dock (if you tell them to be) and it's just always a "nicer" experience.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you need more info and I'd be happy to share! Enjoy your trip!!!

Archived