Miracle July 12 - July 20 GREAT!!!

emt9898

Just want to let everyone know that we got home on Sunday from the Miracle!! It was GREAT!!! We arrived in NY about 1230 and by 130 we were on the ship. We were going to grab some lunch but the lines were very long. We all (group of 23) decided to go drop our carry on's in the rooms and meet back for lunch. We went to out room 7128 (portside) we met our housekeeping Pavlo. He was the best. We met up for lunch and then went out for the muster drill and went up for sail off after that just toured the ship. We did have very ruff water on the way down!! All because of BERTHA!! I do not get sea sick but by Monday i had had enough, it was getting annoying by then..... By Sunday afternoon we knew it was going to get worse when they started taping bagful of barf bags to the wall by the elevators

The next 2 days were great spent time at the pool and went to alot of shows. We went to Frankinsteins lounge alot they had good parties. The captins diner was nothing special. We did get free drinks and you could order anything that you wanted from the bar for free. The waters started to get alot calmer the further south we got.

In San Juan we were on the balcony going into port we had dolphins swimming and jumping along side the boat that was the best. We did the Barcadi rum tour. Not that great i would not recommend it. I would book a tour on the peir like friends did. Other friends did the bio kayaking (sp ?) they said that was great!! We were out on top deck for sail off.

We again were up early to come into port in St.Thomas. We had booked the shopping,beach and blackbeard castle tour. It was great. They took us to great overlook spots and then to Megans beach to swim for 2 hours that was awsome!! Then to the castle were you were able to swim in the pools!! We were sure to jump in ... it was great to swim in something other than saltwater!! From there we skipped going into all the houses for the tour we grabbed a drink and went shopping!!! A few of the others went and did the jeep and beach thing!! They loved it. They got to drive on the wrong side of the road and they went to a few beaches and overlooks. they drover a total of 40 miles over the island. We did some shopping and got great pictures of the iguanas and of the island.Great port wish we had more time there.

Grand Turk was ok the shopping was good. Beaches were ok. It was very rocky and the sand was hard. found alot of sand dollars which was cool. The Jimmy Buffett bar was so crowed that you could not even get a drink at it. We went down the beach some and found the Big Daddy bar grabbed a drink there. Did not do any tours on Grand Turk but really could not see a reason to go back there!!

Next 2 sea days were great... water was like glass on the way home. just the normal rocking. We did go to nick and nora on friday night. The food was out of this world!! The way home seemed to go very quick!!

GOOD POINTS:

*Garry and William are the best. They were our servers in the dining room.

*Pavlo was the best. We had 2 towel animals every day. one in the afternoon and one at turndown.

*was known by name after the 2nd night

* everyone was very nice and friendly

BAD POINTS:

* all pools saltwater

*no entertainment at the adult pool

*alot of kids running up and down the halls

*had to come home!!

Please anyone having questions I will be more than happy to answer them the best i can!! This was my 1st cruise but i am now hoping to help people like they helped me!!!

Glad you had a good time despite the rocky waters. I'll be on the Miracle in November and can't wait.

As far as your bad points, we try to avoid cruising during the summer/peak months due to the number of kids onboard. We cruised once during the summer and there were a ton of kids of course.

Plus, I love the quietness of the adult pool. Too much of the music by the main pool gives me a headache after a while so it's nice to have a peaceful pool area.

So, have you booked your next cruise yet?

Just want to let everyone know that we got home on Sunday from the Miracle!! It was GREAT!!! We arrived in NY about 1230 and by 130 we were on the ship. We were going to grab some lunch but the lines were very long. We all (group of 23) decided to go drop our carry on's in the rooms and meet back for lunch. We went to out room 7128 (portside) we met our housekeeping Pavlo. He was the best. We met up for lunch and then went out for the muster drill and went up for sail off after that just toured the ship. We did have very ruff water on the way down!! All because of BERTHA!! I do not get sea sick but by Monday i had had enough, it was getting annoying by then..... By Sunday afternoon we knew it was going to get worse when they started taping bagful of barf bags to the wall by the elevators

The next 2 days were great spent time at the pool and went to alot of shows. We went to Frankinsteins lounge alot they had good parties. The captins diner was nothing special. We did get free drinks and you could order anything that you wanted from the bar for free. The waters started to get alot calmer the further south we got.

In San Juan we were on the balcony going into port we had dolphins swimming and jumping along side the boat that was the best. We did the Barcadi rum tour. Not that great i would not recommend it. I would book a tour on the peir like friends did. Other friends did the bio kayaking (sp ?) they said that was great!! We were out on top deck for sail off.

We again were up early to come into port in St.Thomas. We had booked the shopping,beach and blackbeard castle tour. It was great. They took us to great overlook spots and then to Megans beach to swim for 2 hours that was awsome!! Then to the castle were you were able to swim in the pools!! We were sure to jump in ... it was great to swim in something other than saltwater!! From there we skipped going into all the houses for the tour we grabbed a drink and went shopping!!! A few of the others went and did the jeep and beach thing!! They loved it. They got to drive on the wrong side of the road and they went to a few beaches and overlooks. they drover a total of 40 miles over the island. We did some shopping and got great pictures of the iguanas and of the island.Great port wish we had more time there.

Grand Turk was ok the shopping was good. Beaches were ok. It was very rocky and the sand was hard. found alot of sand dollars which was cool. The Jimmy Buffett bar was so crowed that you could not even get a drink at it. We went down the beach some and found the Big Daddy bar grabbed a drink there. Did not do any tours on Grand Turk but really could not see a reason to go back there!!

Next 2 sea days were great... water was like glass on the way home. just the normal rocking. We did go to nick and nora on friday night. The food was out of this world!! The way home seemed to go very quick!!

GOOD POINTS:

*Garry and William are the best. They were our servers in the dining room.

*Pavlo was the best. We had 2 towel animals every day. one in the afternoon and one at turndown.

*was known by name after the 2nd night

* everyone was very nice and friendly

BAD POINTS:

* all pools saltwater

*no entertainment at the adult pool

*alot of kids running up and down the halls

*had to come home!!

Please anyone having questions I will be more than happy to answer them the best i can!! This was my 1st cruise but i am now hoping to help people like they helped me!!!

Did Carnival sit your group in the same area for dinner?

Archived