Anybody take the train from Livorno to Florence and back?

My wife and I are planning on taking the train when we cruise on the Millennium in May. Just wondering since my wife is in a wheelchair does anybody know how hard it is to board the trains in Italy? I'm pretty good with her chair but at places in the US on trains you need a lift device to even get into the trains. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi dbertell,

As I understand it,those who require assistance with wheelchairs are requested to book assistance 24 hours before their date of travel and to attend the assistance desk of the station they are travelling from 45 mins before the departure of their train. For the Florence area the assistance telephone number given on the Trenitalia Website ([url="http://WWW.trenitalia.com"]WWW.trenitalia.com[/url]) is 055 235 6120 and the fax number is given as 055 235 6004.
Another avenue for you to explore is a non-profit organistation in Florence called Barrier Free Travel which is dedicated to making Florence & Tuscany accessible. Their email address is [email]barrierfreetravel@tin.it[/email] and their telephone number is 055 235 5543 with a contact name of Cornelia Danielsen,I understand they give excellent free help & advice.

Mike

Archived