Sabatini's Questions

pkdof

We're sailing on the Diamond 11/20. My TA said that Amex is giving us dinner at Sabatini's. (1) Is Sabatini's open for dinner on embarkation day? (2) What night would you choose to go to Sabatini's? Thanks in advance! :D

not 100% sure about the Diamond, buton other Princess ships I've been on, Sabatinis is open the first night.

I plan to go on Italian night as that is my least favorite evening food-wise.

I'm a little worried as I'm not a seafood eater, but I doubt I'll go hungry ;)

Sabitinis is nice, and so much food! It takes 2.5 hours to get thru it all. That is a nice little bonus from Amex, worth about $50. I don't know if they are open on embarkation day, but I would go on French night ~~ my least favorite menu, although I can always find something good on the menu.

Enjoy!

I would ask the Maitre'D about what the menus will be for the week and then pick the night that the menu looks the least appetizing. I think when we were on the Diamond in May, it was open the first night, but I'm not sure. I'd have to check my patter for that day and get back to you. I probably wouldn't choose to go there on embarkation night because I do traditional dining, and I'd want to meet my tablemates the first night. If I were doing anytime, then the first night is as good as any for Sabatini's, in my opinion.

I'm not a huge seafood person either, so I ordered a chicken entree at Sabatini's on the Diamond and it was very tasty. Of course, by that point in the meal, I was already so full that I didn't end up eating that much of it!

Bargdal, are those the same menus you had on your cruise? Can you tell me what's on the menu at Sabatini's?

uhmmm it's changed since all the menus have been posted online....

No more pizza.

There are lots of antipasta - proccutto & melone, roasted red marinated peppers, marinated mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, dried beef, olives, mussles.... a choice of cioppino or minestrone, gnocchi, linguni, uhmmmm.. some other stuff that was really good..... for entrees there are scallops, which my friend had - and grilled lobster and sea bass that I had. (the lobster rocked), and some other stuff...... can't remember. Maybe someone can help me fill in the blanks.... but have the PANICOTTA for dessert. OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!

If it is the same as on the CB last week they brought:

Prosciutto

Caviar

Potato dumpling

Mushrooms

Crabcake

Artichoke hearts

Peppers

Pizza

Soup (Minestrone or Seafood)

Spaghetti with Mussels

Canneloni with Ground Sirloin inside

Gnocci in cheesy cream sauce (delicious!)

Main courses to choose from:

Sea Bass

Lobster

Tiger Prawns

Langoustines (sp?)

Chicken

(and off the menu you can have a plate with a sampling of all four seafood entrees).

I am not a seafood lover yet this experience is not to be missed. My dw got the sampler entree and loved it all but I think the lobster was her favorite. My only gripe is that they make you pay for cappucino/expresso - given you pay a cover charge I thought that was a little petty.

Also a warning note...the food is very rich so either don't go to a show immediately after or sit on the aisle as you may a need to run somewhere...:eek:

I think it may be slightly different on different ships-we ate there on both the Diamond and Sapphire this year and there was no pizza, but the rest of the list sounds about right. The tiger prawns and chicken are what I've tried and both were excellent, and my DH loved the lobster. I've heard the sea bass isn't great, but haven't tried it.

How is the lobster? Is it bigger/better than what's served in the dining room?

Also, when they give you a taste of all the seafood, what do they do about the lobster? Give you a tiny tail, give you a half a tail, or....?

How is the lobster? Is it bigger/better than what's served in the dining room?

Also, when they give you a taste of all the seafood, what do they do about the lobster? Give you a tiny tail, give you a half a tail, or....?

These are important questions! :D

pkdof......I think I can answer these for you. The lobster tails at Sabatini's are bigger and better (IMHO) than what they serve in the main dining rooms on lobster tail night. Actually if you wan to see what they look like check out my pictures taken on the 10/2/04 Sapphire, I actually got one of the lobster tails from Sabitini's.

Now, as for the seafood sampler thay had on the menu last year when we were on the Star, it is no longer on the menu. I don't know if it is something you can special order? perhapes, I didn't think to ask. My DW AkaWanda ordered the scallops and they were DE-lic-ious..............., hope this helps.

Archived